What Size Trout and Salmon are considered Trophy

I was wondering what the benchmark standard is that everyone would agree is trophy for 

Rainbows/Steelhead 18lbs

Browns 15lbs

Lakers 25lbs

Kings 30lbs

Cohos 15lbs

Atlantic 15lbs

i know for muskie its 50" 30lbs pike 40" 15 lbs and for bass 20" 5lbs 

Edited by Big fat pike

2 hours ago, Big fat pike said:

I was wondering what the benchmark standard is that everyone would agree is trophy for 

Rainbows/Steelhead

Browns

Lakers

Kings

Cohos

Atlantic

i know for muskie its 50" 30lbs pike 40" 15 lbs and for bass 20" 5lbs 

Here is what I consider a trophy on Lake Ontario and have used this for getting fish mounted.  

Steelhead - 18lbs

Browns - 15lbs

Lakers - 25lbs

Kings - 30lbs (used to be 35 for me but 30 is out of the norm now)

Coho -15lbs

Atlantic - 15lbs

Edited by GAMBLER
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LongLine said:

In order to qualify for the NYSDEC Angler achievement award, Kings have to be 33 Lbs. Cohos - 16 Lbs

https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/103336.html

Those numbers are a little off.  16lbs for a laker out of Lake Ontario is a very low.  The day my son caught his 21.06 this summer, we caught 8 lakers over 16lbs.  A 16lb laker wouldn't make the LOC board in Spring or Summer by a long shot!  

27 minutes ago, GAMBLER said:

Here is what I consider a trophy on Lake Ontario and have used this for getting fish mounted.  

Steelhead - 18lbs

Browns - 15lbs

Lakers - 25lbs

Kings - 30lbs (used to be 35 for me but 30 is not out of the norm)

Coho -15lbs

Atlantic - 15lbs

27 minutes ago, LongLine said:

In order to qualify for the NYSDEC Angler achievement award, Kings have to be 33 Lbs. Cohos - 16 Lbs

https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/103336.html

21 minutes ago, GAMBLER said:

Those numbers are a little off.  16lbs for a laker out of Lake Ontario is a very low.  The day my son caught his 21.06 this summer, we caught 8 lakers over 16lbs.  A 16lb laker wouldn't make the LOC board in Spring or Summer by a long shot!  

I totally agree though the dec got it right for the kings and cohos weight classification

also what about length classification

Numbers may be a little off in our minds but that's what the state currently recognizes.  While they might raise some categories, I doubt they'll lower any as Big-O is promoted as  a "World Class Fishery."

I agree with big pike and Gambler . 

2 hours ago, LongLine said:

Numbers may be a little off in our minds but that's what the state currently recognizes.  While they might raise some categories, I doubt they'll lower any as Big-O is promoted as  a "World Class Fishery."

And it is world class fishery . Where the hell are you going to go anywhere in the country , or world ,aside from Lake Michigan ,to have a chance to catch fish like we have 12 months a year ? 

I appreciate the heck out of it . Its awesome .