Lake O fishing regulations?

Need a little help regarding regulations fishing on lake Ontario. I have some friends Quebec residents that are planning fishing next April and they will rent a cottage for 5 days and they are wondering if they are allowed to keep 5 days limit or only 1 limit for the entire week? 

Edited by Andre wallyandre

from the NYS regs"

Fish caught in New York State

• Salable fish may be transported in any number.
  • No more than two days' legal take of non-salable fish may be transported unless a permit is obtained from a DEC Regional Office, or the fish are frozen, processed, and packaged for storage.

Not sure what the Canadian import regs say.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LongLine said:

from the NYS regs"

Fish caught in New York State

• Salable fish may be transported in any number.
  • No more than two days' legal take of non-salable fish may be transported unless a permit is obtained from a DEC Regional Office, or the fish are frozen, processed, and packaged for storage.

Not sure what the Canadian import regs say.

Thanks! Thats what I had in mind but just you want to be sure that I’ll gave them the right answer. We are French Canadian so just want to be sure that our old fart brain translate correctly.

I would assume processed means filets.  But to be sure, you should email the NYSDEC for clarification.  They may want the skin left on for identification.  

Also, I would contact Canadian Customs to see what they allow back over the border.  They may have special regulations for bringing "food' into Canada.

11 hours ago, LongLine said:

I would assume processed means filets.  But to be sure, you should email the NYSDEC for clarification.  They may want the skin left on for identification.  

Also, I would contact Canadian Customs to see what they allow back over the border.  They may have special regulations for bringing "food' into Canada.

Thats what I did, just email NY DEC

Thats the answer from the DEC: 

Hi Andre,

No more than two days' legal take of non-salable fish may be transported unless a permit is obtained from a DEC Regional Office, or the fish are frozen, processed, and packaged for storage. 

Feel free to reach out again if you have any other questions.