for sale : usa WTB 12lb downrigger balls

Looking for some used or reasonable priced rigger balls. I have old style cannon mag 10's and hope they will handle the 12 lbers. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. I live in Ohio so shipping would be needed. thanks all, Mike

9 hours ago, fishin2 said:

Looking for some used or reasonable priced rigger balls. I have old style cannon mag 10's and hope they will handle the 12 lbers. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. I live in Ohio so shipping would be needed. thanks all, Mike

I think I have 2 12# pancake weights that I no longer use. but before I go searching I need to know if you are interested. but I just checked on Amazon and if you have a Prime account you can buy these cheaper than I can sell mine. I would have to have 90.00 for the pair shipped to you. but they have pancake weights for 37.00 each plus tax and shipping if you don't have a Prime account.

but what I did was switch to the dredge weights which I believe is a much better weight that has less blowback. we bought a used boat and went to Erie and we had forgotten to load our 12# pancake weights. we found 2 8# dredge weights on the boat so we used them. we had less blowback with them than we had with the 12# pancake weights. so I bought 2 new 10# dredge weights but haven't tried them yet.

I suggest you check on Amazon for weights before you buy any unless you get a good buy on here.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, fishin2 said:

I believe that. Was turned onto a fella secondhand from a member here and guy got my money and seems to disappear. Asked for friends payment on paypal to save fees , should have known then, do now

I admit I was also fooled when buying a Fishfinder off the FB marketplace. the guy didn't have a PP account. we tried to figure out a way to pay him. after a few days, he came up with a friend that said we could use his account but only if we used friends and family. i didn't even think about being scammed. after I paid that was the last time I heard from him or the guy that had an account. PP couldn't help because I paid the money to a friend. but I went to my bank and disputed the charge and was able to get the charge reversed.

after the first time, you would have learned something. I found another unit I wanted to buy but he didn't have any way for me to pay him as PP was the only service I had. After I tried getting one he had it and never let me use it. then he came up with using Zelle through my bank. when I was paying I realized it was like giving him the cash. I had second thoughts but I really wanted this FishFinder, so I paid him thinking no way would I get scammed two times in a row. WRONG!!!!!!!!!

however, I did get what I wanted and paid with goods and services on PP. but not before another guy tried to scam me. he wanted me to pay friends and family because he was using a business account that froze the money for 30 days. but now I knew better. then he came up with a friend's account and let me pay for goods and services. after I paid I asked when he was going to ship it. he came back with the payment being frozen for some reason and I needed to go to PP and click on the item received. but I knew if I did that he would be gone with my money. so i said he had been paid and the money was in his account so he could ship now. but he said he didn't want to ship it until he had part of the money in his hand. that's when I said if he shipped it by priority mail I would have it in 2 days and could click item received and he could get his money. The money was in his account and i couldn't get it back so the money was his. After a very short time, I went to PP and filed a dispute that he was a scam. I had my money back in less than 2 hours.