ANY ACTION IN DUNKIRK?

ray koziatek

Ray, I can't say about Dunkirk but we did OK last fri night out of Sturgeon Point. Took a bunch of males to 4#. I thought the spawn was over but it looked like the spawn took place on the deck of the boat! I think it's still a night bite in shallow but soon we'll be out to the depths. Weather doesn't look too good for this weekend. I really don't want to play in 3 footers at 1am. But maybe the forecast is wrong.

Ray....just got back from northern ontario....but....

according to the local paper, guys at night west have been doing good,

and I talked to another dunkirk captain today that said he had heard

of a good day catch over the weekend.

The LO boys are all coming back this way the next few days, and I'm dropping

in this weekend, so I would suspect that I'll have better information soon....

John

• 2 weeks later...

Ray...all is quite here.....

Took a shakedown Sunday....55 fow straight out...60 on the surface, 53 30 foot down

By all accounts, if you had 1-2 fish you did well. I know a couple of other capts.

that ran this weekend...I heard 1 had 3, 1 had none. Its just a tad early and we

need a couple of days of heat....come on Mother Nature...!! My pal Bud is going to be

in Barcelona for the next week, so I should be able to get some reports off that.....

Also, I intend to post regularly again here....but there is a way off my new site to

get via email any blogs I put up too....

check that out at www.timestwocharters.com

I have had a couple of you guys email me that last week or so...keep that coming...

I have no issue helping out if I can....

John

Ray....my team opted not to fish the southtowns, but we'll be around and out. Feel

free to pass on any info, though...we go for reel on the 28th!

My friend Capt Bud (Alibi) is going to be in Barcelona for the week, so that should

give us a pretty good idea of what's coming!

E dock, Ray.

Ray....don't feel to bad....lots of good fisherman didn't get very many the last week

or so....

The good news....I got several reports today that things improved yesterday...and

1 report of a guy with 10 out of Dunkirk. Very reliable source...but is one here, one

there, out all day....

I still think we need about another warm week and 5 degrees on the water....!

Draggin....that's for the post...glad you like the blog...hoping to be very active with

that in the next few weeks. I'm happy to share!

John

UGGH stay away from erie for a few more days came home early after south blow surface went from 64 deg to 58 deg today then the n/w started and 4 ftrs were the issue with more rain and wind.4 days and 1 walley and 20 junk fish,but barcelonia was getting good with 20 fish weighed in on tuesday ps we were in 3rd place overall with that one fish i thought we were in top ten so comone wind