OSWEGO PRO/AM BRACKET TOURNAMENT

We are thinking about having a new style event in conjunction with the Oswego Pro/Am

Rob Ripka owner at Fat Nancy's Tackle Shop had what I think is an awesome idea

Still only a thought but we have been getting some positive feedback from a few normal participants to the Oswego event already which has prompted our next step.....................more feedback:

We are trying to keep the ideas/comments/concerns to within the normal participants as not to influence our final decisions based on feedback from those who will not be involved in the Oswego Pro/Am:

Please add your thoughts here or E Mail me or Rob from Fat Nancy's with your thoughts

[email protected]

[email protected]

Entrant Fee: $200.00

Pro Division Only

Subject: Bracket Fishing Tournament Idea for Oswego

This is an example of how it would work using 25 teams, if we had a different number of teams of course the day 1 groups would have different amounts of teams in them. We may be in a position where all the brackets don't have equal amounts of teams in them but it would all be set up ahead of time so each team would have the same chances of drawing into that bracket. To the five advancing teams in this example I would like to add a sixth team which would be the highest point team that did not win its bracket giving you 6 teams competing on Sunday.. The six teams left would start from scratch on Sunday. Should Sunday be blown off Saturday's advancing teams point totals would be used for the payouts.Likewise should Saturday be blown off then we would run the first day brackets on Sunday with the advancing teams point totals used to determine the payouts. In the unlikely chance that two teams tied the team with the largest single weight fish that day would advance or finish in the higher position My suggested payout would be as follows based on 25 teams:

1- $2500 4- $400

2- $1000 5- $300

3- $600 6- $200

The blind draw for brackets would be done Friday night after the captains meeting. Maybe we could come up with something similar to last year as far as a per team give away. We need more feedback, just an idea to spice things up

SATURDAY'S SUNDAY'S

BRACKETS FINALS

GROUP 1 DAY ONE HIGH POINT TEAM

FROM EACH GROUP

1__________________

2__________________

3__________________ 1 ------------------------

4__________________

5__________________

GROUP 2

6__________________

7__________________

8__________________ 2 ------------------------

9__________________

10_________________

GROUP 3

11_________________

12_________________

13_________________ 3 ------------------------

14_________________

15_________________

GROUP 4

16_________________

17_________________

18_________________ 4 ------------------------

19_________________

20_________________

GROUP 5

21_________________

22_________________

23_________________ 5 ------------------------

24_________________

25_________________

HIGHEST POINT TEAM NOT WINNING A BRACKET 6 ------------------------

i have a question

why do you have to divide the brackets up between pro and am. just run it all as one bracket, the pro's can only weigh in the 1st 9 fish which is the amateur limit. record it if they are in this special event then continue weighing in the rest of the catch for the pro-am. and you have to go by the 1st 9 fish recorded on there sheet. this will allow the amateur boats a chance to compete against the pro boats. there is a lot amateur boats that put good catches i believe have a chance to win this.

FF there are 2 catg. of fishing read the rules to see the diff. ie:all teams with captians licenes must enter pro,$500 pro $265 am,any team can enter pro if there is enuf slots to accomadate them ,pro 8 rods max ,ams 6 max,pro 15 place payout,ams 10 places thats the biggest diff i can think of..many ams could do well in the pro div due to pay structure .any one can win in our first 4 pro ams we placed 2 times so there is the proof ,as you know the lake and fish can change daily so if you hit the hotspot your golden and if you come in last you make 50 others teams feel good about not taking that spot .......regardless its a Great Time (except those 4to8 ftr days)you will meet some great guys (like me :lol: ) and you will learn some good tips to catching .Everything from the 50 boat start to the weigh in to the final awards are pretty cool even if you dont catch a fish there are some great raffels you can buy tickets for and if you dont sit in the corner you will have a good time as for me this year i have to follow Capt. Billy V's lead and do some family time.but the ol ball and chain is letting me do the osweago derby(pro am).It was a very intimadating experience for Us the first time but with some serious fishing and lors of fun it has been some of the best experiences on the water fishing the Pro/Ams...I have ever had even the 2 nd from last Scotty....now you all know the drill GET OFF THE COUCH,GRAB A HANDFULL OF SPOONS ,GET THE SNOPPY ROD OUT THROW A FEW GUYS TOGEATHER AND GET INTO THE LAKE ONTARIO PRO/AM DERBYS................Youll never look back...................Ray K.

I have the opportunity to again fish in a Pro team in Oswego and I think this is a great idea and I am sure my Captain Bob from Salmon Bound will enter as well. As far as Pros and Ams copeting in the Bracket I think it should be seperate if enough Ams enter. The pros have an advantage as far as the number of rods as well as longer fishing time. I believe it will be easier to keep it seperate. Have a deadline date for entering entry to see if there is enough interest for 2 divisions. If not but there are AM teams willing to compete against the Pros in this Bracket Tournament, who is to argue. It is their money.

Shade

Rob and myself are monitoring this thread for continued input

Thanks so far for the input generated

We have spoke with Dave Turner for the "ok" and its looking like there is a 95% chance this bracket tourney within a tourney will happen if the interest remains steady as it has:

Our initial thought is we would not have enough am teams to commit, however we are willing to rethink that and consider it now, if we can get at least 12 to 15 am teams to commit (to have at least 3 teams in a bracket and have at least 4 brackets)

The Friday 2nd Annual A-TOM-MIK/Fat Nancy's Shootout is a go as well.

Tom

I kind of figured Del !! I could never see competition on the line without you and Mark ready for extra "action" He He He

Just a FYI as I recently conversed with several more teams interested: We will not have a "set" amount of brackets or "teams per bracket", this goes for Pro and Am, this will be determined by the amount of teams that enter, Rob used 5 teams as an example in his diagram. Also mentioned was each team would have the same chances of being drawn into any bracket as we will do it live after captains meeting.

Thanks

Tom

• 3 weeks later...