Hot Lure: Homemade Orange/Gold spoon, Silver streak "Hot Lobster", NK Die Hard

Trolling Speed: 2.4-2.6

Down Speed: 2.3

Boat Depth: Most fish caught in 100-140

Lure Depth: 3&5 color cloth, 42 rigger

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

All I can say is what a hectic day on the lake. The fishing was less than stellar and we had to work for our fish . Started off in 95 fow and marked absolutely zero. Worked our way west and finally too a nice chicken about 8 lbs. Now the pressure is off. We troll to what appeared a surface break and then the 3 color goes. We get the steelie to the back of the boat and then the 42 rigger goes. I hand the rigger rod off to the guy and notice the fish darts towards the surface and then right to the boat. NO GOOD! After a little over and under the wire dipsy, bull dogging in the back of the boat, we land it. Nice 3 year old king. The best part of the fight was it was on an ultra light trolling rod and 12# test. Ended the day with 6. Mostly steelhead with one of the Steels being around 15 lbs.

We released the chicken and one rainbow domestic stream runner rainbow. One of the bare legal steels was gill hooked.The clients were real good guys. they really picked up on how play a fish. Some pics of the king and the bigger steel Just an FYI guys...I started picking up fleas on my wires and mono already. Just at the swivel, but its already starting.

13June09002.jpg

13June09001.jpg

Stan...The fleas I'm taking about are the "Spiney Sea fleas". When they are in Larvae form they cluster up in the water near the thermocline. What happens is the flea larvae will stick to your line and then you can't real in the line past the eyelets. Ive seen 3 feet of that crap on my line before. the only way to combat that stuff is to use 30# line or the special "Flea Flicker" line made by Cortland. A lot of guys have rigs already set up with 30#. I have 6 rods all set to go with 30# Ande. I would like to thank what ever nice ocean liner captain for introduced that invasive species into our waters.