what type of nets

I was wondering what type of net is best rubber or the nylon type. Both were on the new boat but the rubber one seems to drag hard in the water(cost us a nice laker sat. on cayuga :@ )The hooks seem to get caught in the nylon one worse. What are your ideas.

nylon,like nick said id rather spend 30 sec removing a couple snags rather then talking the rest of the day about a "bad"net job on the one that got away.Also get a good 2 pc handle that extends 7or 8 ft and the 6 sided handle (not round) makes the little round thingy pop into the hole as handle is extended if its a round handle you gotta hunt for the allignment hole (not a issue if you leave your net in a holder i always breakdown and get out of way between uses)

• 2 weeks later...

Beckman makes a good net. When chosing, consider how you fish and how you land the fish. I.E. solo vs party fishing; off the side vs netting off the rear of the boat. Mine's a type of soft synthetic braided material. (not rubber, not nylon) Never had problems except occasionally with treble hooks.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Beckmans are probably the best built, but they are too heavy for me to use when I fish solo or have my wife doing the netting.

I use the biggest Ranger extendable handle net. You cannot lift a big salmon from the end of the handle without bending it though, so you have to slide your hands up the handle to the joint then lift the salmon into the boat. Plus these only cost $50 plus tax. New handles are also available if you bend yours.

Good luck!!

• 2 months later...