Surface Temp: 62-64 degrees

LAT/LONG: 30-33 W lines

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 7

Total Boated: 4

Species Breakdown: 1 steelhead, 2 chinook, 1 brown

Hot Lure: NBK on a rigger, DW SS Dirty White Boy slider, DW SS 42 second on a rigger, DW SS Steelie Dan on a 5 color core, green dot Spinny/Hammer Fly on 600' copper

Trolling Speed: 2.2-2.8 sog

Down Speed: 1.8-2.2 mph

Boat Depth: 80-175 fow

Lure Depth: rigger 80' down with free slider, 5 color core, 600' copper

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Good action today - although our most "disappointing" day of the year b/c we lost two fish due to equipment failure. We lost what we think was a Derby king on a 600' copper. We fought the fish 30-40 minutes until the leader broke between the fly and flasher. It easily took out 20 passes of line before we could settle it down. We also lost a beautiful fish on our 5 color core after the split ring broke on a DW SS steelie Dan! I've never had that happen before and unfortunately the fish jumped three or four times just so we could catch a glimpse....it certainly looked nice....

Nonetheless, it was hard to find a set pattern today as the fish hit at different depths with different presentations. We could not get the wire diver to go today (42 second flasher/fly at 220-280 feet out) but everything else took hits. NBK on a rigger parked at 70' along with a free slider Dirty White Boy took fish. 5 color core with a Steelie Dan took one fish and lost one fish. 42 second DW SS took a fish on our deep rigger at 80 feet. 600' copper with the green dot Spinny/Hammer fly took the largest hit. Other miss was on the 70' rigger. Down temp. was about 47 degrees at 80-90 feet. Lots of current, lots of debris and a nice scum line early around 100 fow. I wished we could have followed the scum line a bit more, but that's when we hit the nice king and couldn't keep on course.

Our "dead lures" today were DW SS orange crush, kevorkian, Gettr Dun spoon, 42 second flasher/fly, Crazy ***** flasher/fly, and a purple thunder

I'm going to be thinking of our two lost fish for quite awhile.....

Good luck to all,

- Chris

Still good results for you on a very difficult day for me. 1-3. 1 steelhead in the boat, 1 lost during fight and a decent release, that was it. Marked 1 fish and 2 bait pods all morning so I am quite jealous. Emerald shiner was our lure when we boated the fish on a slider over 90 feet of water, probably down 30. Lots of junk in the water and crapped up lures with green seaweed.

Ran next to you in about 100 ft. of water and tried to catch you on 68....figured I would try to steal some info from you realtime instead of waiting til I got to the board. :rofl:

Great report, Chris - sorry about "the one that got away." Thanks for the details in your post - once again, you've helped the guys who aren't that proficient (myself included).

OMG, what a great report! You kept the streak going like there is no end. Big Dave got it right - the one that got away leaves a lasting impression on your brain.

I skunked this morning on a short trip from 6:30 to 8 am. I was trolling in between 80 and 120 FOW. Very few marks. I saw a nice color break in 90 FOW. With my parents and niece from Fl in town, I made sure I got home with a box of donuts before 9 a.m.

Will be out there tomorrow with the children.

Tight lines.

Hey Chris,

Hate to say this but ya made me feel better. I lost a nice size king at the boat that strightened out the clasp on the swivil! (lost my brand new purple stinger ta boot!) I have been sitting here feeling sorry for myself till I read your report. broken split ring! wow

Great report!

Mark

Buckshot