Leader from Mag dipsy to flasher

Had this problem some last year some too; I see quite a bit of line twist in the leader from my wire mag dipsy to the flasher, today I lost a real good king when this leader broke in the middle. I retied these leaders one trip ago w/ 30# P-line flouro, what should I be doing different besides fishing for smaller fish? Spinny had the proper snap swivel on the front and I use the Howie clear snubbers behind the diver. I am wondering if the Howie swivel is the culprit? My drag was set loose enough to click out a bit here and there. Suggestions?

clean the cow poop out of those swivel things before going fishing,,,dont know why your getting any more twist with a mag dyspy unless the fleas are getting in the bearings ,,,if your getting broke off between flasher and dypsy thats the spot where the tail beats the crap outa the line as they swim away during the big runs and must be checked every fish ..i use p-line floura clear ..Not flouracarbon its been said here 100 times flouracarbon is more brittle but i ant no physisis...and...yup i use those stupid snubbers that give my line and knots a little "cushion" expecially when them big boys rip at your rig on a 500 ft run at 1000 tailbeats per minute (approx never counted)...BUT hey im justa plummer and play in poopy end results of a sucessfull fishing trip.(gotta break that nail bitting habbit)

Andy:

Like Ray sez, clean out the dung. Wait, I meant to agree with the material. Switch to regular mono for that section. Make it as long as you can handle (net a fish without diving in after it). I've been using a spool of 30# Yozuri co-polymer for years and don't recall a single failure except for a failed LJ snubber. I'm switching to Opti snubbers as I retire the LJ brand.

Andy, I think your problem may be in the fact you mention mag diver. I have seen this as well, if on a setting that kicks it way out to the side, and not properly set, the diver could actually roll itself, thus not only twisting your leader but on occasion not allowing you to trip it from the boat ? Have you had that problem as well? If so I'm convinced it is the way you are setting your divers. Had this happen to the new Walkers as well, til I showed the crew the proper way to set those mag divers- Just a suggestion- Also, as T.M. made mention, I use 40# test but use no snubber at all. Can't tell you the last time I had a break off with a diver with no snubber but it's been many years ago. Don't think they are needed-Duane