Me and my 9 year old son!!!

Gene Shenk

I usually dont take my 9 year old son bowhunting much because he is very figidy but we slipped out back and got in our 2 man stand about 330pm and about an hour later a doe had us pinned down. My son was shacking he was so excitied but he would not move a muscle then another doe came in and I made a nice shot at about 8 yards you got to love those shots and the rage did its job it only went about 60 yards. My son said holy crap that was cool he was really shacking then he told me where I hit her and he said he heard her pile up so we got down and he was able to follow the blood right to her. I have had a lot of great bow hunts but this one ranks right at the top. I still have a huge smile on my face!!!! Oh and so does my son!!!

XpzWJ.jpg

Thanks Guys

It was the most fun I have had deer hunting in a long time and I have shot some very nice deer with good friends and family but the look on his face and the excitement he had was priceless. He woke this morning early and on his own which is unusual because I often have to drag him out of bed. Not this morning he was up early and talking about our deer and how we will be cutting it up tonight. He also mentioned those tender loins that are in the frig and he asked if he could cook them on the grill for us tonight.

Oh and Gaj don’t worry about things going wrong just enjoy the time spent and no matter what happens use it as a learning experience to teach them. Remember keep the hunt short, keep it fun, bring binoculars, tasty treats, point everything out that mother nature brings to us and you guys will have a great time.