Rhys Davis Ltd.. Cut Bait update

"My name is Tom Davis, owner of Rhys Davis Ltd. We produced frozen herring strips for over 50 years for anglers from the Pacific and Great Lakes regions. These strips changed the way many people fished for salmon. Two years ago we ceased production of these frozen baits due to regulatory issues on the US side of the Great Lakes.

Since that time I have worked with Gord McKay of Baitrix Fishing Products to develop an artificial alternative to frozen herring strips. For 2010 Baitrix have come up with a newly designed artificial herring strip. They will be available in a variety of colors, including Ultra Violet Blue and UV Green.These strips have been re-designed to closely match the original Rhys Davis "pennant shaped" herring strips.

I rarely lend my name to any fishing lure that I have not been totally responsible for in terms of research and design. However I am totally convinced that the new Baitrix strips are the best alternative to real herring strip available today.

I have test fished these strips since July of 2009 and they consistently produce adult Chinooks, feeder Chinooks, Coho and Sockeye salmon. These artificial strips are also incredibly durable. I have taken over 40 shots from salmon on one bait and it is still producing fish. To back up my own tests I have given samples to some of my regular test fishermen and their results have been similar or even better, with one angler taking his biggest chinook of the year on the Baitrix Ultra Violet Blue Strip. Others have come back to me with comments like ... "incredible action", "very fishy", "surprised by the results" and "easy to use". Based on this type of success I am confident that these new Baitrix strips will produce Salmon and larger trout species wherever they are used".

Tom Davis

Rhys Davis Ltd.

Sidney, British Columbia

The "close the barn door after the horse is already out" mentality needs to go . VHS is here and will be forever. The fish need to build up an immunity to it, just like we humans and the "Svine flu" . Tom, there has not been a decent replacement to your cut bait since you discontinued it's distribution in the US. I hope that sometime in the (near) future you will be able to supply your product in the US . I can only wish and hope.

By the way , Tom , what will you take for the 5 pacs in the pic ?

• 1 year later...

chinook35

The "close the barn door after the horse is already out" mentality needs to go . VHS is here and will be forever. The fish need to build up an immunity to it, just like we humans and the "Svine flu" . Tom, there has not been a decent replacement to your cut bait since you discontinued it's distribution in the US. I hope that sometime in the (near) future you will be able to supply your product in the US . I can only wish and hope.

They are selling real herring in Ill and Wis from the west coast. Cant sell it in Mich from the west coast. DUH WHAT. Someone needs to look at a map that makes these laws, BW

Hey Weenie there is a great replacement on the market and it is Familiar Bite Rhys Davis cutbait strips! It has been rockin out of Olcott on Lake Ontario! I wont leave the dock without it! Tom himself has fished these strips on the west coast and has cought fish on them! There are alot of people that have never fished meat before on the lakes and don't realize that meat strips will soften up when fished! Its not a spoon or a fly! Just because some meat may pull off does not mean that the strip will not catch fish!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png