Power Pro Downrigger Cable

My question is...has anyone tried this....or know anything about it? My main worry is fleas !! Do they collect on the power pro? Also...what lb cable....250 ??

http://powerpro.com/publish/content/glo ... igger.html

I tried a braided cable last year and...OMG !! The fleas were so bad I stripped it after the first hour of use. It was cabelas though. I'd like to go to the PP but I don't want to waste my money.

Thanks for any help on the subject :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey rod, I fished #300 pp last season on my big jons w #12 sharks and had very few probs. A few fleas here and there but not a prob and I fish out of Oswego. It was only one season but considering that i didnt have to listen to the wildly annoying drone of those cables I wont go back to ss cable unless i absolutely have too. Actually the only prob was finding the stuff, had to order a spool from Victoria Isl, B.C.

Good Luck

how is the blow back compared to ss cable? We had a mishap last year during the seneca trout derby and had to replace it. Picked up a spool of braid and it seemed to have more blowback than the other rigger 12# weights. Just wondering on your experiences.