31 baha

stevietangles

hey guys its been a while since ive been on here. i recently purchased a 1994 31 baha with twin v8 inboards. i want to rig my 25 hp high thrust on the back of the thing in conjunction with a simrad Ap14. it has a 2 foot swim platform on the stern. will i beable to rig up an easy steer to the rudders??

im looking for some information regarding this. it has push pull cable steering. i m ok with having to cut up the swim platform.

over the years i have never seen a easy steer mounted to rudders only stern drives and OB.

All the help the better. my head hurts from thinking of ways to rig up the damn thing.

all the best

A teleflex style steering cable run from the steering rudder arm up and tru or over the transom connected to the kicker. Most are fashioned thru if you decide to go that way. Ie: No secondary wheel & one auto pilot. But with a straight inboard especially twins ( 2 rudders ) you might find you wouldn't need to go that route as the rudders will steer well enough with the kicker locked in the straight ahead position.

is there a marina or person on the north shore of the lake that can help rig up my boat. if i go with a cable through the transom. are all the parts standard or will i have to fabricate anything??

the boat will be delivered to outter harbor marina the first week of march and all work will have to take place on the premisis