Fishing with Flashers

Hello everyone

This will be the first year fishing with flashers and flies for me.

If anyone could suggest a few combos and any other tips that would be most excellent.

We spend most of our time fishing from the bar to wilson if it makes a difference.

Thanks Mitch :)

Mitch,

A couple combos you can't go wrong with are a white spinny w green dots followed by a Big weenie Brand green dog fly in the am. A white spinny or e chip followed by a BW little boy blue or a Blue Weenie. A green/double crush e chip followed by a BW mystery fly or a BW proctologist fly. I could go on and on, but these are a few combos that have worked forever and will always catch fish.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I think Glen hit the nail on the head. Keeping it simple is key when starting out. Once you get the hang of it you can then become tackle junkies like the rest of us. A white paddle can be great for White fly's, green glow fly's and hammer fly's. The green paddle can handle green glow fly's and green crinkle fly's. Those simple combos take a majority of the fish on the lake throughout the year. Once you get those going for you I would suggest you start to branch out and experiment with other combos and gain confidence with the ones that work well for you. Going through reports from previous years on this board might render other combos that might spark your interest.

I just got my order in yesterday from A-TOM-MIK a couple of spinny fly combos a fighting belt and fish holder for the wife and kids. I also got some twilli tips for a couple of new rods I got recently and a couple of black dipsys. The price was great the order was fast and there was a nice little surprise in the box as well !! If A-TOM-MIK has it they will get my bussiness they have been great every time i have ordered from them.

I ordered some Penn 345's from Tom a few weeks ago. I think I got them the very next day. He also included a couple extra goodies and a tip sheet on running copper. Great service and he contributes a lot to our sport and events around the lake.

Green dolphin spin doctor / green glow hammer and Michigan stinger super frog prochip / crazy **** glow are always in the water for me.