cayuga lake 6/9/10

went out by myself today. fished out of deans cove in the wind and rain. started out south of the launch at around 7:00am in deeper water. no strikes or marks on the lowrance.north of the launch i crept into 55-60 fow. the screen lit up and i picked up a small land lock on a pink/purple honeybee. next was a laker around 7 lbs. on a white/green dot spinnie with a big weenie pole dancer. 25min. later another release, ended up being doubles on one rod. both were legal landlocks. both hit some special spoons a buddy painted up for me. after i got down the lake a ways i decided to troll back into the waves toward the launch. thats when the port downrigger started ripping drag. clicked on the auto pilot and went back to fight it in the rain.i knew right away it was a nice one, then the fish pulled hard way out to the side of the boat. (Brown) i finaly got it to the boat and into the net, solo!!! 11lb. brown :yes::yes: i was not keeping fish today, so she was quickly put back unharmed. all fish were taken in less than 65 fow. lots of wind, big waves, pouring rain, and a few awsome memories!!! what a great day on the lake 8) -Dave

Nice Job. I'll be heading out Sat and Sun out of Myers. My plan was to head north. Hopefully that shallow water program holds up. If your out let me know I'll keep you posted on how we do south of you. catch me on 68. Note: This is the first weekend I'm going to try running 4 Dipseys on wire at the same time. It could be good or really bad?

Mower

I love fishing in the wind and rain..ADVENTURE MAN..nice job!! :)

I was at Dean's Saturday evening with the wife, very gusty winds...not many fish marked or biting in there. We dropped a big laker on the braided dipsey rig in the waves, but had a ball.

There were HUGE blue gills and a couple big largies hangin around the little launch bay. Dean's always has that fishey feel to it. :yes: