First Lake Ontario trip on our own boat.

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name: MacDaddy

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s): 06/11/10

Time on Water:4PM-6PM

Weather/Temp:Sunny/80's

Wind Speed/Direction:Calm then NE

Waves: <1 changing to 1-2

Surface Temp: 68

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 2

Total Boated:2

Species Breakdown: 1brown 1 king

Hot Lure: Blue Dolphin

Trolling Speed: 2.0-2.5

Down Speed: unknown

Boat Depth: 80-85 FOW

Lure Depth: 60-65 ft

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

This was our first time out on Lake "O" on our own boat. Had spent all week installing new upgrades so this was also a shakedown voyage. Boat performed well but we had two "new boaters" with us and they did not enjoy the experience as much as my wife and I did. I was curious as to whether or not I would be able to find fish let alone catch any. Well no skunk so I guess even a blind pig can find an acorn once in a while. No offense meant to any porcine readers. My wife and i are pleased with the results of this excursion and look forward to lots more fishing as the summer progresses. Planning trips in July and two weeks in August for the Orleans County Derby then again in the early part of September but we will squeeze in a long weekend here and there as well. It is such a pleasure to have our "new" camper less than 100 yards from our boat dock. Gone are the days of the ten mile haul to Walnut and the 1/2 to 1 hour waits to hurry up and put in. I love Lake "O"!!!!

good for you to have a wife that shares your passion of the lake , It is with a heavy heart i cant get mine to lay down the knitting needles,or other craft related items..

But i can get her seasick with a glass of water so i understand her landbased activities are her limitations...............

..I think many on this site would be happy with a ten mile trip to the lake,Im only 120 miles south and feel pretty close compared to many,but yer right on with the short walk to the dock as being GREAT wanna share your campsite my wife does like camping?? Hmmm maybe i should be looking for a site near osweago or sodus......

for the month of july............... :clap:

Good job on catch....

We live in Central PA so our journey to the lake usually takes four or more hours depending on traffic. The long drive is not bad when you aren't towing a boat both ways. Am actually looking for inside storage up there in the off season so I don't have to do the long pull at all. Just seems to make more sense to me.

We live in Central PA so our journey to the lake usually takes four or more hours depending on traffic. The long drive is not bad when you aren't towing a boat both ways. Am actually looking for inside storage up there in the off season so I don't have to do the long pull at all. Just seems to make more sense to me.

I live just outside of Philly in the western suburbs. I can make it to the house in about 4.5 hours. I've been doing it so long that the trip goes by so quickly anymore. Worst part of the ride is the Northeast Extension - NOTHING to look at for 2 hours! I pull my boat up to the house in the spring and tow her home in the fall. I've thought about building an addition to the garage for the Islander to store it up there over the winter, but only problem is if I want to work on the boat over the winter, it may be "warm" in PA, but there may be 5 feet of snow at the lake. Easier for me to walk 100 feet to the boat than drive 4.5 hours only to find out I can't get into the garage.

Congrats on the good maiden voyage sounds like u r in the same boat i am in first year running a boat looking at hitting it hard after July 10 too many weddings this summer and i just got my lower unit rebuilt so good luck to you buddy nice job. PS Big Dave i LOVE the Grist Mill to