Hot Lure: green echip/green fly

Trolling Speed: 3.1

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 160 - 360

Lure Depth: 105

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Hit the water at 6am and motored out to 200 fow. Set lines (two riggers, two wires, and our first crack at running 450' of copper) and worked all the way out to 420 fow boating a small king over 360 fow and missing two others. Washed lures for awhile and decided to slide back in to the 220 fow range and boated a nice 8 lb steelhead. Before calling it a day we trolled in to 160 fow and just before pulling lines, the 105 rigger bounced and started singing. After a good 15 minute fight, we landed a beautiful 20 lb king. :yes:

Jeffwith20lbKing.jpg

Hits came on the 105' rigger with green echip/green crinkle fly and either green or purple spoons cheated above it, and on the 450' copper. Couldn't find a decent picture anywhere and only marked a few fish all morning. Have to take the day off tomorrow, but will be back at 'em Sunday and Monday. 8)

Gotcha - we were straight out front when we hooked up with that king and were marking quite a bit of bait down 125 at the time. I would start a little shallower tomorrow if you get out, maybe 120 fow and work out from there. 8)

Kevin i am fishing out of Port Bay sunday morning and Tim and I are prolly fishing out of Hughes on monday morning.... U gonna be out with dad or do you want to fish with us..... Dale