Wind Turbines?

Billy and I saw this too. WE were fishing pretty close to them. We got kicked off channel 11 and 12 on the VHF because we were told they were work stations? Never heard of that, but we were quite suspicions too.

I sure hope it isn't a start to the pinwheel projects. But, knowing what the NYPA has tried in the past, it wouldn't suprise me if they are trying some back-door scheme. I have an email in to my contact who is very much on top of this whole "disaster in the making". AS soon as I hear from him, I'll post here. Ooooohhhhh, my blood pressure is starting to rise!!! :@:@:@

Bill & Yankee, how close were you able to get to the rigs? About how many FOW do you think they were sitting in? From what you could see, were there just the 2 rigs or did there appear to be more scattered around?

My contact replied to me almost instantly. He hasn't heard of anything yet, but he did send the pic and info to a few people who are in the legislative end to stop the windfarms - people with pull!! He is waiting to hear back from them, but in the meantime asked me to get info on the above questions.

I will most definitely post anything I find out!!!

Mark,

Are you sure it was not Just West of Gina between I-bay and Gina? The Monroe County Water Authority is building a new treatment plant in Eastern Webster (just West of County Line Rd). They are starting the construction of the intake pipe. A picture similar to that is sitting on the desk in the engineering department here at work.

Ok, here's the scoop! I think Gambler is right. Multiple agencies replied to my contact, including the Coast Guard. They all said there is an outfall project underway to repair an intake shaft. A local rep from Oswego stated the equipment has been staged in Oswego Harbor for a bit now, and they will continue to be there a little longer. The CG assured everyone this is NOT the start to any windfarm project and is merely equipment to repair the intake shaft.

Local Notice to Mariners:

LAKE ONTARIO

Webster, NY 20/10 OUTFALL REPAIR 0600-2100 / MON-SAT 31 AUG 10

Webster, NY 23/10 INTAKE SHAFT OPERATIONS 0600-2200/ 7 DAYS 15 NOV 10

All I can say is PHEW!!!!! :yes::yes::yes:

Thanks misty. And don't expect to talk on channel 11 or 12.they kicked billy and I off it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

That's strange they kicked you off the channels. I'd have been very suspicious, as well, if that happened to me. Oh well. Glad I have people I can throw this stuff at and get answers pretty quickly!