What do I need?

New to this site. Have some experience and success in trolling but I am buying a 22 ft boat setup with 3 electrict downriggers and 2 plannerboard mast. I have some tackle which includes 2 7' mh rods with the line counters, 2 8'6" mh rods with linecounters. Assortment of Cleos and Krockadiles. Few dodger flashers and spin doctors. Have a few dipsy divers but i believe i have the 3" ones.

I was hoping for suggestions on what I still need. Want to fish for salmon, lakers, rainbows, browns and the occassional walleye trip. I primarly fish cayuga lake and now probably senca lake more offten. And I am also want to hit the big O when I can. I am interested in lead core and copper line fishing to but looking for possible list of suggestion or must have stuff. Appreciate it! Thanks!

For LO pick up a few spoons and a few j plugs. Look at reports on here for what colors to get. As a general rule the staging Kings like bright and big. Learn how to catch these fish with the gear you have before you go crazy with junk rods. A couple wire dipsy set ups would be my next investment but it wouldn't hurt to get your riggers going first.

Glen

It would be great to have all the weapons, but realize that it took a lot of these fisherman years to build their arsenal. With spoons at 5 bucks a pop and flashers and flies 4 times more you will go broke in a hurry, unless you have a fantastic paying job or a silver spoon shoved up your... :lol:

Glen's advice is spot on.

Thanks. Sorry did not mention it but got the fishfinder and the downspeed ind. I completely understand this is going to take years to build my arson. Going broke already! LOL

Been reading a lot and its a lot to digest but I am a die hard fishermen who wants to catch fish. I would like to pick up 2 more rods and reels. Any suggestions and what to put on them? Glen mentioned wire and dipsys.

Rob

as glen said the wire setups are something most have out ,couple blue dolphins and green dolph.,,,,,nbk,,,,,,spooks,,,few purple spoons and ya got your basic colors oh green and silver ,,,,black and silver,,,,flys dark green ,pro/ams,,white(nosee em)and hammer,,,green paddles,white splattered green (dots),mtn dew,maybe green chrome for sunny days,... will get you into fish 95 % of the time ....a-tom-mik is a good brand and get thr "pro" rigs with double hooks...

Ben! Wondering if I would run into youl here. Work tue, weds and thursdays the whole month of august. So I have lots of time to go out. Just picked the boat up today but before I bought they guys took me out. Caught a nice King salmon. Friday I should have my new fishfinder and I will be all set up besides have enough tackle.

I2yeS.jpg