Dunkirk Wed 8/11

Pequod1

Just got back from my 270mi round trip journey to catch a walleye. As usual, I caught everything other than a walleye. One nice 10lb steelhead, sheepshead, perch and a gobie when I tried to catch a bass inshore later. Trolled from 70-90' from the water towers to the east with dipseys set at #3 200' back and riggers set at 55-65. Tried various colored worm harnesses and chattersticks. Back at the dock, the next two boats had only one waldo a piece. What gives?

Thank you Jimski. My pride is almost healed. I can't believe after chartering for close to 30 yrs. in the ocean and Lake O. walleyes are the hardest fish for me to target. I probably will hire a charter and blame thed captain next time :)

Guys....don't beat your self up!

Last Sunday we did 13, and dropped another 7-8; and several other capts

that I know were in the same ballpark. This week...Tues, Wed and today,

most were around 7. Not exactly sure where they went, but I took my son

and went looking last night and the places that the screen has been loaded

were blank!

Hard NE blow this afternoon, so we'll have to see what that did......out in the a.m.

to try out luck......I'll post tomorrow night.....

John

Our other boat picked up three more in the afternoon. With an off shore wind, they went in closer to the beach and found some fish. I guess you have to think "what is going on?", not just go where they were at yesterday.