Black's Release Issue

Before I started using offshore clip style the same thing happened to me. It's was because the weight was spinning and the release was not spinning freely. I had the kind with just the hole & I put a crimp above it on the cable . Solved problem by puting a brass bead aprox 1/4inch diameter above release & before crimp. Kind of like a mepps spinner. My buddy Shongo use to put a crimp 10' above on the cable & had 2 blacks on the same cable., one fixed, the other free sliding as a stacker. The crimp stopped it w/ the rod pressure up . On release it dropped down. If you didn't want it it was there anyway w/ no interference.

The release should spin freely on the metal clip or cable, what ever type you have . It should be above the weight so the weight can do what ever it wants and the clip and the line to the lure stays stright. :yes:

When releasing the ball make sure your rod tip is beyond the ball/release, i.e. over the transom and away from the boat. This will keep the main line in the proper position as the rigger decends. If your rod tip is in "front" of the ball, i.e. boatside, the line can get twisted up if the ball spins or some other funky thing happens.

The black's release will not spin, it will swivel freely on the rigger line, IF your main line is properly positioned beyond the transom and rigger line on the drop.

Good luck...I like the blacks alot for tension control and the ability to crank the rod down once set without misfires 100 foot down.

Jarrett

Problem fixed. I shortened the boom so it didn't swing as much. After I set the release and let the weight go it would hit the water and the release would spin. Tried it out on skaneateles lake. We hit our limit of lakers yesterday. Got out on L O

tonight for a few hours by myself. Went 0-2. I don't now which is worse.....not seeing fish, or hooking up just to watch them get away.