Olcott - Friday, Saturday, Sunday/Pics

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s): Friday, saturday, sunday

Time on Water: Friday 1-dark, saturday sun up till sundown, sunday sun up till noon

Weather/Temp: 50's-72

Wind Speed/Direction: Friday hard north laying down, saturday calm building to 3-5's out of the east, sunday WSW

Waves: Flat to 5's throughout the trip

Surface Temp: varied

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: Friday 2, saturday 10, sunday 8

Total Boated: Friday 2, saturday 5, sunday 6

Species Breakdown: Friday, 1 shaker, 1 small steelie, saturday all kings, sunday 2 kings, 4 steelies.

Hot Lure: Green Dot Spinny with Hammer, White MTN Dew Holo/crush glow w/shredded hammer, Hammer Time spinny/glow hammer, copper NKB, R&R Watermelon, White Halo Jplug, chrome/red backed J,

Trolling Speed: 2.0-3.0

Down Speed: 1.75-2.1 at ball

Boat Depth: 50-135

Lure Depth: 40-60

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Came up from Cleveland for my 3rd and final trip of the season, I pretty much summed it all up above, Friday we had marked alot of fish on the bottom and some suspended and maily fished from the microwave to the barn in the 60's-80's but couldn't get anything to fire except noted above talked to some other guys and it was slow for them.

We had high hopes for saturday morning hoping some stable condtions and temp would get them fired up. First thing saturday morning we started out in front in the 50's. Ended up boating 3 matures in the morning by 9:30 then it got slow till around 1:45 I had a J on the rigger 30 back for hours I was cleaning up the boat to run in and pick up a friend, it fires hard a nice fish comes flying out of the water like a tarpon a couple times gets tired and all wrapped up in the line and J plug but we boxed it. I look in the net the harness is a wreck and the line is broke we have no idea how we landed the fish, nuts! Went in at 2:30 to pick up a friend made a 5 mile to the plant dead into the 3-5's to set up to troll to go with them, took a wicked shot wire but nobody home damn we trolled to the barn and said let's go drink some beers and eat so we we packed up at 7 but on the way in it started to lay down I said one more prime time pass in our zone were we caught all our fish and took all the other shots by the microwave, not long after we get set the rigger pops while I'm on the phone we boated our 4th mature of the day just before dark and got my buddy his fish he came out for....sweet/

Sunday ice water blew our 58 FOW zone we pounded all day from saturday were we caught fish, we pointed it north and found good bait and some decent hooks in 115-125 took it with the building waves down to the plant and picked up some fish till we had our 6 and went home happy.

Some pics from saturday.

Didn't get the monster fish we wanted but happy with the results given the back to back blows and screwed up temps the lake has been taking a beating on.

Can't wait till next season. It's walleye time on Erie from here on out!

RdhB9.jpg

Rdp4A.jpg

Rdz39.jpg

For fall yes I'm done winter different story.....St Clair musky trip is on deck next though dying to get back up there. I have a Tourney on October 16th, WC Get Together the 23rd, buddy's getting married halloween weekend. Lots of stuff going on in the next couple of months. My buddy has a duck boat we might take up there for drift fishing after mine gets put away for the winter.