Hot Lure: Pro-Troll Nuclear White flasher/A-TOM-MIK Ultra White Glow

Trolling Speed: 2.5-3.0

Down Speed: 1.5-2.0

Boat Depth: 60-195

Lure Depth: 125

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Got off to a late start this morning. Long week at work and drive up last night. Needed to get some sleep. Was on the water by 9am & headed straight out of the LSR to 60FOW where a lot of other boats were. Dropped the probe, only to find 68 degrees on the bottom. Moved out to 80FOW and and still had 68-70 degrees. Dropped (2) lines in the water off the riggers and trolled out deeper. Around the 120FOW mark, lots of baitfish and some sporadic BIG marks. Temp was down to 60 degrees. By the time I hit 140FOW, I had 52 degrees at 125 down. No sooner did I enter the "zone" and the port rigger fires. Very quick struggle and it was gone. Reset and continued out. The screen was lit-up from the 150-170 range, but no takers this time around. Trolled out to 195 and the temp was in the low 40's at 165FOW. Turned around to troll back through the big marks I saw. Kept both riggers at the 125 mark. At 168FOW, starboard rigger fires and the battle is on. After running on me once, I boated a nice little king. Weighed a hair over 12lbs on my digital scale. Released it to fight another day. Will work on getting the pic posted on here. That fish took a Pro-Troll Nuclear White flasher with an A-TOM-MIK Ultra White Glow fly (T43). Reset that rod to same depth, and swapped the port rod over to a white & green dot DW Spin Doctor with an A-TOM-MIK Hammer Fly (T102), set at 125FOW. Each rod fired once before calling it a day at 4pm. Lake was beautiful today. Hope tomorrow is the same.

When I got back to the Mexico launch, I watched the dive crews upright the boat that overturned yesterday by the Big Salmon River. Interesting process there!

I was skeptical myself after talking to Rich DeMong earlier in the week. He said at 560FOW, the water was 66 degrees 200' down. Glad I made the trip up for the weekend. Sad thing is the guy who usually comes with me couldn't this weekend because he had some things to do at home. I called him about the King and the water temps showing up. He was pi**ed!!! :@ He's new to the whole downrigger/trolling/dipsey/etc techniques, but has picked-up a lot since I first brought him up for the Spring LOC. He's been wanting to catch a king all year, but the water temp issue and crummy weather on weekends has prevented that...until now. I thought he might really get in his truck at 8pm last night and drive up, but he's not here. Another time this year...hopefully.

I chatted with a guy at a gas station in polockville he didnt get a hit ,

so i tried to explain the down temp thing to him and he stopped me and said he was deep he went all the way out to 50 fow :o .....

luclky I was saved by the attendent pumping gas that my tank was full. should of gave him a LOU card i had in the visor, cause at no way I could of saved him in 5 min.

Enjoy the bounties of the lake now as their gonna open the gates to 500 tonight for a week...

This should get a Steady flow of fish into the river...

Nice report enjoy those few beautiful days we have left this fall and the bonus of catching fish always makes for a great day...

PS the average BIG fish so far this year is between 20 and 25 lbs (in the river)

so the river fishing has some major big boys heading its way soon.