Long time reader, new member

Name: Larry Hansen

Home Port:North end of Great Salt Lake

Boat Name/Type:Quack Attack! (Air boat)

I fish for: Steelhead, Browns,

==================

Hello Everyone, I live in northern Utah and fish the streams of Montana, Idaho, and Utah. My favorite river is the Madison near Yellowstone. If anyone should ever plan a trip to the Madison and needs fishing tips or info. please let me know.

I started coming to WNY 8 years ago and have spent one week fishing the area tribs every year since. My boat is an 18 foot Air Boat that I use for waterfowl hunting on the north end of the Great Salt Lake. It probably seems weird to New Yorkers to hear that Utah has some of the best Air Boating/waterfowl hunting in the Western US. People here give me the same strange looks when I tell them that I am going to NY to fish.

I have been reading the trib reports on LOU for a few years but finally decided to join (2009) and give this a try. I find it hard to get information about the smaller tribs but fully understand why. But I still find a huge amount of great information which helps me know what to expect each year. I look forward to my trip this year which starts Nov. 5. I hope everyone understands what a great resource NY has to offer. The first brown I landed in 2002 was the biggest of my life! I was hooked.....

I have met many local fisherman over the years and have always been treated very well for being an outsider. Compared to Ny- UtFishAreSmall Thanks!

Utah, Eh , sorta reverse of NY ya see in ny we have 1 wife and several boats.. :lol::lol: ....

next time ya plan on comming out give us a post and maybe we can hook ya up with a wirlwind tour of some of ny waters or at least some good options ,for nasty weather..

The smaller trib thing dont take a rocket brain,to figure out just a map .

welcome to your ny home (LOU) ...but ya gotta pay yer dues !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so if ya got some cool picks of your native fish,streams or other cool stuff in yer area post a few from time to time (please) ........or ill tell you wifes what you really spent on your fishing gear an having just one i know what kin of greif i get from 1 wife finding my reciepts (i eat them now)....

Oh the bashing,picking,and off the wall remarks are my way of saying "WELCOME to the site"

Welcome aboard Larry! I fished in Yellowstone, and the Tetons (Jackson lake & outflow,etc) as a kid back in the 70s and 80s & thought the fish and the scenery were pretty darn spectacular! -Andy