Big Buck from Auburn.

on the lam

[imgwjh5r.jpg

we are not doing that bad in wny, the buck in the truck was shot by a guy i hunt with every day it gross 189 on the dot net 170 5/8 full article in this sunday buffalo news ...................... the one below has not been offically measured to my knowlege but its a monster.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jersy guys can have those 50's lol

wjm4J.jpg][/img]

Ive been letting em walk, bout 10 yrs ago Indiana cut out the 2 buck season (bow,gun).

and out there them boys dont mess around with poachers soon if not already their is a fine and im not shure if its by points or inches but ive heard the figure it will cost you $1,ooo.oo per point or maybe score inch over 110 putting the fines in the 10's of thousands ..so if ny bucked down to 1 per year and stiffined the poacher fines,I'll bet the DEC will have their funds to operate at 100% and we will see bucks like this as almost a norm not a abnorm...

And the Depends company would double their sales every hunting season.. :o

ray i see the same ones , someday they will let us bait and shoot them, you no, for safety reasons. wink wink..

i,m waiting for at least the antler restrictions, i always thougt if the dec could manage a 8 pt or better policy we would all benefit the only thing i would do different is leave it open for young hunters under 21 maybe to take whatever they want keeping them intrested and not discouraged is important to the hunting community.

The only way to kill big bucks is to let them walk , me and my friends have been "trophy' hunting for about ten years now. and as a group we have put down some real nice bucks,

The antler thing wont work we just got to get rid of the "bad genes" ive got a 3.5 yr 6 ptand a 2.5 yr6pt must be father and son other than size they look almost identical and from the same woods (diff years too) so as they do in big buck country and remove the bad genes ,,, i just found a dead 1.5 yr 8pt hit by a car it was almost 16 in wide with 6 in g2,s ....now that was some good genes to pass...thats what the babys looklike in indaina where i hunt ya dont even look at little 8,s or 10,s cause them big boys dont show themselfs very long at all.. we have been playing with one "club deer" for the last 3 years its a 3 pt on one side and the other is near a 8 or 9in. dia club about 18 in long pure white looks like a white baseball bat sticking outa the weeds when he lays down. Maybe the landowner might want some venison we just dont want to fill our tag with all the potential out there.. But if he looks as cool as its been getting he might be a trophy ...................of the oddball kind..11 days to go......

Where else would a big game hunter have to fear being mugged in his treestand? And if not, you might just have a bear after the grub stowed in your field pack.

Those cowboys huntin in the West worryin about mountain lions and grizzlies got nuthin on you Jersey folk. :lol:

Greg

Where else would a big game hunter have to fear being mugged in his treestand? And if not, you might just have a bear after the grub stowed in your field pack.

Those cowboys huntin in the West worryin about mountain lions and grizzlies got nuthin on you Jersey folk. :lol:

Greg

Well I usually don't worry about much mainly because my 40 cal. travels with me in the woods during bow season. I don't need some sow kickin my a## because I walked between her and her cubs. As far as getting mugged, that would be like christmas in October :devil:

Those are some BEASTS out there. N.J. or N.Y. no matter.

33Canuck: You did get a GOOD one. You just get him or you been holding out on a story? PLEASE post more pics, That is a unique looking one. How old you figure?

Jerry

I got him opening day the second sit first night. I will post the details I wasn't holding out just hate to discourage others from posting great harvests too. He was 4.5 I got lots of trail pics and I spotted him a few times during the summer in velvet too