Ridgeback Rattler Weights

I have seen these weights advertised online and have been quite interested in them. I was able to seem them in person at a recent fishing show. I spent a bit of time with the vendor looking them over and listening to the sales pitch. Price range was quite reasonable and within my ballpark.

For those of you that have actually used these weights I would like to hear your pros and cons on them. Do they indeed have less blow back, do they track straight especially on turns or do they flare out.

In spring and fall I target silver and lakers in the St. Clair River @ Pt. Huron MI where Lk Huron flows into the river at a significant pace at 4+mph. Combine that with my trolling speed, depths of 40 - 60' and my other balls rapidly sway back and forth and have significant blow back. In order to turn and go downriver I find it necessary to kick up the throttle and perform a rather quick turn to keep lines from tangling.

Your experience with these would be appreciated. (Sharks are way out of my price range)

The 13lb RR's will be fine at those depths with the speed your talking about. We have a set and we run them every now and again when we aren't going very deep. However, you can't beat the A-TOM-MIK Torpedos in either the 13 or 15lb size. WE fish the 15lb size down to 100' at 2.5-3mph with minimal blow-back. Many guys have switched over to these Torpedo weights and are really taking a liking to them.