Seneca Shake Down 03/14/11

Took the boat out today for the first trip of the year with Jason and Al. We didn't get started till around 10am at severne. We ran South down to the salt plant and made one pass by the plant and one back. We caught some small salmon and one nice one. My main mission for the day was to test out the side imaging sonar, to make shure all the gear was working, and ree spool some copper and core reels with new backing. The side imaging worked great showing bait and fish off to the side of the boat. Fish were in shallow and down 15 to 25. A lot of lakers were stacked up on the bottom at 200 to 225. Thanks again guys for going. Sean

IMG_6758.jpg

Sean,

How deep is that side imaging effective? I hadn't thought about picking up baitfish off the sides of the boat but that would be valuable information for sure.

Does lowrance specify the angle of the signal? (I'm wondering if you can gauge how far to one side or the other the baitfish are so you'd be able to adjust your depth accordingly.)

-Jason

:D more rod holders than fish I will land in one trip..

Weekday shakedowns are sweet!!

Sean, thanks for sharing... looking forward to your reports this summer outta Cayuga.

Of course I will be dodging the bigger rigs with the homemade 16 smoker but there is lots a room on the big lakes.

good luck Chris

he's got so many rod holders that he even mounted one to his trailer guide post! :rofl: Nice rig and thanks for the report - good luck out there this season!

That way if he forget's to take his boat he can still fish.... :lol:

RR I hope my cuz never sees him then he'll be trying to TOP it..... :rofl: