Bummed......

Well we have a pretty good tournament team, 4 guys been together awhile, two older guys, two young guys. Everybody has a job and does it well, we have been successful and had alot of fun. One of the older guys is having a tough time with a recent shoulder surgery and cannot get out this spring. The other senior member is in poor health and has to pass as well. I recruited a guy for this spring but he had to cancel last minute. Looks like our boat may miss the spring LOC, I am bummed about this. Last year we boated the 5th place Salmon, in years past we won the Laker division, and got a 3rd in the Steelhead as well. I really hope this is not the end of it. Once you break the cycle it is never the same. ;(;(

Don't think of it that way. Think of it as a new beginning. Find some other guys to fill their shoes. There are plenty of good guys o this site that are willing to fish with others.

I know It's tough when your regular fishing buds get life issues and have to change a bit. I have a similar problem with my kids. They grew up and got lives going and jobs that give no time, and they live over 200 miles away. They fished the derby with me for years and so now I am prospecting for new hardy fishermen or women to sign up. Got some but one has back surgery from last fall, another is fair weather, one likes to shore fish (phobia about boats and big water I think), and one who would be the best of all with time and the hardy adventure spirit.....but he hasn't returned my call yet...

I'm sure there is someone on here that shore fishes and has been wanting to get on a boat, plenty of good guys on here.

Mark

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Before my one of my fishing partners died. We made changes to the way we fished. The 7' dipsiey rods let Bob (at 86) bring in kings on the wire that he couldn't have done with our bigger rods. A 10' wire rod would be hard with a good shoulder, the 7' is a piece of cake.

Take out kids and groom them into your new partners :yes: Its tough to make changes to a well oiled machine. Good luck , hope your friends shoulder is on the mend., He can steer with one arm ;)

Just got of the phone with my last remaining team member, going to be like old times, just him and I are going to make a go of it. We did it like this for years as young adults till we got a bigger boat. Its going to limit the rods in the water, and make landing a good fish in traffic challenging, but we are up to it. See you guys out there between Olcott and the Bar. We will be on the "Fiasco".