2012 Memorial Day Derby 5 fish Tournament POLL

Hi Guys Nick Reel Stories and I were bouncing around the idea of having a second tournament during the Memorial Day derby. We were talking about a 5 fish one man limit tournament. Entry fee goes by boat and you weigh in your 5 fish limit. We thought of doing it Friday but I feel Saturday would make more sense. You could still have big fish Friday out of Sampson. If you have the 5 fish tournament Saturday you would probably have less fish kill. Everyone is on the lake Saturday fishing the derby anyway. You could have a shotgun start from Watkins and Sampson to coincide with the start of the derby. The FLTA works the scales in Watkins Saturday so I’m sure we could get a set of scales and have a weigh in in Watkins at like 7pm. I was thinking $100 per boat if we have a twenty boat field 1000 for 1st 500 for 2nd, 300 3rd, and 200 for 4th. We could add a lunker prize to for those who are interested. This format will give everyone a shot at putting a solid five fish program together. I know trolling all day for that one 12 to 14lb fish can get old. This would add a little more excitement to a day when you are on the water anyway. I know guys that fish both out of Sampson and Watkins who would help with shotgun start and boat checks if needed. Let me know what you think.

Nick talked to me about this on Monday Sean and I'm into it. I wish all the tourney's were a "box" style weigh in, but with only 360 days until the next National do you think you have time to put it all together. :lol: I mean talk about waiting until the last minute.

Nick talked to me about this on Monday Sean and I'm into it. I wish all the tourney's were a "box" style weigh in, but with only 360 days until the next National do you think you have time to put it all together. :lol: I mean talk about waiting until the last minute.

Ha good one :yes::D Figured it would be a good time to see if anyone is interested before we get to involved.

Lets do it. We must have two weigh in stations....not just one in Watkins. Some guys will fish out of Geneva and Watkins is too far to drive for weigh in. I agree with Saturday being the day. That way, if we had 30 mph winds we could push it back to Sunday if necessary.

Wayne

this is seneca lake, rain or shine!! And to make it fair, were trying the shotgun start for a reason, to make it fun and fair for everyone. Cooler checks will be in order. Its going to be a big deal, and there will be more at a later date. We will work and try to make it fair for all, but at the same time, the prize ceromony will be at weigh in at one time, so you must be present to win.

weigh in will be in watkins only due to the FTLA runs the watkins scales and it will be easier for us to get to use their scales...we will be working on trying to get prizes from tackle companys maybe some donations to make the pot bigger....i believe we can make this into a big tournament...thanks for everyone interest I hope everyone joins and make this a good time.

after this years terrible fishing i don't know if i could put a five fish limit togeather, did get a dandy pre-fishing ,but did not get into the big fish friday (too far to drive for weigh-in) bad choice on my part. i also think it would be hard to compete against the bigger boats that are running 10 rod spreads .

I know the 3 of you Nick, Sean, and Jason fish out of Watkins and it seems to make sense to do the weigh in down there.

Here is why I think you should do the weigh in at Sampson. We don't need an "official scale". We can use anyone's scale just like we did for big fish Friday....as long as you use the same scale for all of the fish.

I think Sampson would be better because many many many more guys will be fishing out of Sampson vs Watkins and many more will be fishing out of Geneva. I for one don't mind driving from Geneva down to Sampson for the weigh in but I can't see me driving almost an hour to Watkins one way. I'm sure many other guys feel the same way. Most guys wont want to drive down from Sampson to Watkins if they don't have a big bucket of fish to weigh in.

If you want to have lots of boats in the competition, have the weigh in at Sampson. If you want to make sure YOU don't have to drive up to Sampson then have it at Watkins.

Sounds awesome! You can definetly count me in and my buddys would be game also.

Would all fish count towards the five man limit? LLs BT LT and Bows?

Yup one man 5 fish limit no more than 3 Laker or 3 Salmon NY regs.

We will see how many boats we get interested out of Sampson and have a meeting on locations.

I hall my boat hundreds of miles a year to tournaments and other Lakes so I am used to driving. We will see what we can come up with to have the best possible site for the event. We may have some sponcers to think about and this may affect the location. We want this deal to work and don't want to run into the problems that some other tournaments are having. Its all good input so keep it coming.