Where to launch out of Rochester

This is my 2nd year fishing Lake Ontario, and last year I had my boat out of Owesgo the whole year, but this year I will have it closer toward Rochester and I was wondering where a good place to launch out of is.

I see there is a launch at the north end of Irondequoit bay and was wondering if that was a good/best place. I have a 24fter so I need some room to play with.

Also, I will be coming up Sunday if anybody could kinda of direct me on which way to go as I get out onto the lake for some fish as this will be the first time fishing out of Rochester.

Thanks in advance.

Docks at Sandy are partially under water. You need boots or get wet feet. No problems at I-Bay launch and it's probably closer to you. Been getting some kings in 100 to 200 ft, about 3-5 miles off shore out of I-Bay but I don't think the lake forecast is very good for Sunday?

Thanks guys, I'll be heading up either way. If the lake isnt nice well i guess we go back home.

I'll ask which one the guys want to go to if they feel like getting wet or a longer boat ride.

I launched out of I-bay being I had my father-in-law with me and he's not the most nimble of guys these days and didnt really feel like making him get his feet wet if sandy creek docks were alittle underwater.

That was a rough one out there on sunday, what channels are used out of I-bay/sandy creek I couldnt get any radio chatter at all.

Also, is sandy creek launch area still underwater as I would like to try that out this weekend maybe?

It was down to just a couple inches over the three or four feet closest to shore. I was fine walking through in my hiking boots Sunday morning. Both I-Bay and Sandy have standard red/green buoys marking the channels. I thinking Sandy is at 9ft and I-Bay about 14ft.

Docks just south of the old ferry terminal are about 1 1/2 ft above water. Very solid. Concrete ramps that go quite a ways into the water. I've seen many boats over 24 ft launch there. Couple yrs ago I saw Homeland launch their big boat (35-36 ft'r???) there. Couple weeks ago there was a 4 axle trailer parked there that was longer than my trailer & truck put together. Can launch 4 abreast & lot is probably one of the biggest on the south shore.

Tom B.

(LongLine)