cayuga report 6/25

I didn't have a trip today but I decided to go out for a bit solo this morning and try a different spot force silvers. Set up with a 2 rod set. 1 rigger parked @ 55 degrees which was 40 down with an r&r black and purple. The otreher was a 300 copper with a green metallic r&r. Both rods were firing consistently with a few salmon in the 18 to 20 inch range. I was working 100 to 150 ft of water when the rigger fires and the rod went straight down with the 10lb test screaming off the reel! The fish took out over 100 ft of line and just bull dogged me for about 20 min. The net was up in the cabin! I finally got the fish to the back of the boat and grabbed it. To my surprise it was a personal best 39 inch, 18 lb laker! Just an incredible specimen! Got her revived and sent back. Seconds later the copper fires with another good one! That one ended up around 12 lbs. Called it a day at 9:00. What a morning!

Good luck out there.

RR

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

That must have been a lot of fun! That is a huge laker, congrats. It is to bad we can't use 10# line all season like the old days. we have been using 5'6" ml ugly stixs for our spoon rods and been having a lot of fun with them. I'll be out in the morning. i'll give you a shout to see if your fishing.

That's a big ole' fish Scott! Lakers like that are a treat on a rigger rod. -Andy

P.S. don't get a treble through your fingers snatching those lunkers out of the drink- you'll get stuck w/ rhythm duty. ;)

NICE!!!!! Always feels great to release a nice one!!

I shall prolly be out off Long Point today...

I have a blue and white 19' open bow boat, -Spectrum-

probably with a large Gray Dog with me...

if ya see me..give a wave..

I often fish alone cause I have a hard time finding people to fish with...

being a woman... it is hard to find someone who is appropraite to fish with...

most of the guys have a wife or GF and that doesn't go over so hot!!

and my woman friends dont fish... go figure..

so it is me and the dogs.. a lot..

you'll usually find me fishing for perch..

or ocassionally trolling for lakers...

Last week I took a trip to NJ and got some nice Flatties... (Fluke) and Ling.

be well all...:)

~~~~~ pointy-side-down -V- !!

Carolyn