lakers and dipsy divers

I second what Sean said. This year we have been doing a little better with our dowriggers but last year we caught 80% of our lakers on wire/ dipsy rigs. We also run four dipsy rigs when we have enough people onboard. I think the change this year has been weeds fouling our dipsy setups. Riggers are better in weeds but they have been getting fouled as well. We had so many fleas on our downrigger wire last weekend that my subtroll stopped working. Weeds and fleas make for alot of clearing lines. There is a learning curve with wire and it will break at the slightest kink but still worth while. Wes

Rolmops stop by the lou all weigh in and we can show you how to rig them. Knots , deployment and setup can be learned in a few minutes. You will curse them if you get tangle but you forget about that when you have a fish on all the wire rods at once. One suggestion I have is after you spool the reel up take it out in deep water , deploy all the wire .allow the wire to relax and then reel it in without trippng the dipsy. We learned the hard way when we latched into a big king salmon with a freshly spooled reel. The line was not wound tight enough and it started slipping and cutting into itself. Its a pain but we have had no problems after doing that. Also I read from one of the wire suppliers to have someone hold the spool and keep tension on it. If you hold your thumb on the wire it will induce stresses that can cause failure . Wes

Never leave home without em. :yes:

I would toss the down rigger and fish finder over before my 2 diver rigs :lol:

These rigs catch trout on Hemlock and Canadice so you know they are well worth it. 8)

Especially this time of year hands down; it is the number 1 laker taker that you can use ;)

Depends on how many people I got on the boat but I generally I run 4 wires but if I have to I will sacrifice 1 to run a deep copper also. :yes: