cayuga 7-21\7-22 what happened?

I fished on thursday with the wife + kids. we started around 8:30 near deans cove and headed south, fished all the way to sheldrake, then circled around and hit the other side of the lake. only managed 1 laker. Friday i took a guy from work and his bro from PA. We hit the water around 6:00. we set up at sheldrake and went south to the power station and worked that water all day. we only caught 1 little laker, and 1 little salmon. we dropped 2 off the wire. i threw every thing at those fish, just couldnt get them to participate. Plus the weeds were every where. I worked my butt of tring to get some fish for these guys, just couldnt make it happen :@ my fishing pride took a shot. sunday is going to be interesting. the lake looks like it turned over, and the fleas seem to be letting up already. isnt this early in the summer for this? how often does the lake "turn over"? to me the water looked stained.

Dont feel too bad, happens to us all. Last weekend ran up to Sodus and managed to go 0/2 in 5 hrs while everyone around us hammered them, earning our first SKUNK of the year. Threw everything at them and the usual stand bys. We all bounce back and get a kick in the tail once in a while by the lakes :lol:

Don't feel bad. Had an 8 hour charter on Keuka Lake today and got my pride handed back to me also :( We went 9 for 12 with lakers. All fish were between 1 and 2 lbs ;( I used to think I was having a bad day on this lake when I boated 15-20 fish of that size. Anyways Sunday is going to be interesting for everyone unless something changes quick. See you guys out there and good luck :yes:

Fished the north end today on a friends boat. Admit I've been fishing further south last several weeks but we had zero flea issues today on north end

We found some fish to keep the skunk away in 110 fow On wire rigs out 300 but nothing that big

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

If the water is stained...probably an algae bloom. Blooms can deplete the water of oxygen and make the fish sluggish. Just a guess. Probably need a good south or north wind to roil the lake to get the fish snapping again.