Cayuga 7/24/11 LOU

Fished this event with my wife :) She just finished Nursing school so she might have a little more time to go out fishing with me now so I am excited. We launched at Myers I think some time after 9am. I motored N and was planning on hitting my waypoints from the Red Cross event but noticed a lot of bait while I was driving in the middle of the lake I just felt like hitting it this time. Plus we usually get 1 or 2 just south of Tfalls in the middle of the lake. I put 2 down riggers down with SD/fly combos. One at 60 and the other at 69. Went to go sent up dipsy when I heard my drag peeling some line off of the 69, rigger. Grabbed the rod and handed to my wife. After a short battle she got it close to the boat and it took off again but caught my other rigger. So my boat was going in circles :D:lol: while I untangled things Must have been pretty funny to watch. For some reason my easier steer was was collapsing so the motor turned. Any ways we got the fish on the boat at it weighed at 6lbs 1oz. :inlove: Thats the biggest LL for my boat out of Cayuga

Jacqueline_LL.jpg

We continued on the N troll but we only got 1 ll and 2 really small LT by 1pm. We made it just past AES. I wanted to start there and work my way N but the LL and the smile on my wifes face was worth a slow day. We had a great time. :clap: Congrads to Chowder!

That's what it is all about. The time my wife and spend on our boat fishing is really priceless. We bust our humps all week and literally live for the weekends. So many times our only conversations during the week are good morning, good night and what do we need at grocery store for the weekend. For me even though I always fish to put fish in the boat, the conversations and catching up far out weighs what we are doing. It's always nice to send a jab back and forth when a fish is lost whether on the rod or at the net. And amazing enough my wife always manages to grab the rod that has the biggest fish of the day on it?

Did you fix your easy steer? Let me know if not, it's an easy fix.

Thanks everyone. Mower I know what you mean. Jacqueline I been together for sometime now. In that time she graduated from Cornell with some degree that I have no clue on how to spell. Then she just spent the last 3 getting her nursing degree at Arnot agdon. In that time she also worked 20 to 30 hrs a week. So now she is finally working we are able to spend more time together at least until the kids start popping out. Lol.

My ez steer was fine. What happened was my shift and throttle cables got hung up so the motor was not able to turn alll the way. While I was out there I tightened the ez steer down so could figure something out. That was fine until I was waiting to dock my boat my motor would not turn all the way left. So I kept going in circles. I got every thing readjusted now so I should be good.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png