rigger blowing fuses

adam2000

I switched my probe rigger weight to a 15lb torpedo. It was 12. Now my rigger pops the fuse every time I try to raise it. Its 30 amp fuse and its a brandnew mag 10 stx. Any ideas?? Bigger fuse?

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

You need to find out what it should draw as amps before using a bigger fuse. You can have a bad fire, or melt things if your motor is shorting. Call the manufacture and find out fuse rating, your wire may be to thin as well. Dont just stick in a bigger fuse otherwise you may as well just use a piece of wire or cut the fuse right out its not doing what its suppose to.

the boat is miss em"s old boat. i took out where he had his plugs wired too and wired in the cannon harness. so the rigger is wired into a fuse box which is wired to a perko battery switch. i had no problems 2 weeks ago with a 12lber. pretty sure i brought it up once today and took off the blacks harness that has the 32 inch cable and then hooked the weight directly to the snap in the terminator and then when i tried to bring it up it popped the fuse, changed it and popped again. so i got out the hand crank. really need to fix this soon cause hand cranking that 15lber up from 105 down sucks. also this is the cannon coated cable from the itellitroll if that makes a diffrence

run power to battery test ,,,,and i just remembered i had a new 10 running goofy, took it apart and their was not one drop of grease anywhere,,packed it up (with grease) and it 100% now....musta been last run on a friday....................or first on a monday....

Got new 30 amp fuses today that look much stronger than the other ones. Lowered and raise re weight about 15 times. It was not in the water and only raising about 6 ft at a time but no popped fuses

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png