Canan 7/31 AM

Took a AM trip out of the north end with a Newbie on her first trolling experience and fortunately we weren't dissapointed. We started marking bait and fish 20-30' down over 125-140'. Had just set the first rod out (wire set at 90 with SD and Hammer fly) bam the rod fires and landed a nice 7lber. Set the rod back at 105 and bam still one rod set put another one on deck. Finally got all the gear set marked lots of fish but they seem to shut down ran the rigger at 20, 30, 40 and 2-400' copper down the chute couldn't buy a bite. Started to pack it up fro the morning and bam last rod out, the hot set, fires set at 150 Ange landed her first laker and nice 6lb 8oz :yes:

Anges6lb8ozlaker.jpg

Nothin wrong with a 6.5 as your first! Looks like we were pretty close that morning. That point in between Wegmans number 1 and number 2 was definately the hot spot that morning. That rain workin south and strong wind was not helping anyone. Don't hesitate to give me a shout on the radio if you see my blue and silver boat out there. I'll be more than happy to let you know how and where we're doin :talk:

Nothin wrong with a 6.5 as your first! Looks like we were pretty close that morning. That point in between Wegmans number 1 and number 2 was definately the hot spot that morning. That rain workin south and strong wind was not helping anyone. Don't hesitate to give me a shout on the radio if you see my blue and silver boat out there. I'll be more than happy to let you know how and where we're doin :talk:

Yah that area was marking good fish lots of bait not as many takers as I thought there would be, I think you were trailing us most of the way I was the brown/tan fisher 160hawk leading a 3-4 boat line through that zone. I don't have radio on the boat yet but will do when I finally get one.