cayuga 8/8

fished long point to sheldrake in the am. stayed out in 300-380 fow. boated 5 small LL and 2 lakers, both over 7 lbs.

purple and pink spoons took all fish but one. nothing on flasher flies. nothing on 10 color. we pulled up at 10:30, just as the rain started. it was too late as we got soaked. i was fishing out of my fathers 17' mirrorcraft which has no canvas b/c mine is still in the shop.

on the way back to deans we had to slow down b/c rain was so heavy. when we did i looked around the boat and noticed my

14 month old lab was missing. we turned and searched back and forth for 20 mins and could not find him. he is black and would blend in with the chop on the water. i was sick. i shut the boat off for the third time to call for him and he finally climbed out from the shelf under the dash of the boat. the only dry place we had. i was never so relieved in my life.

OMG!!! You SCARED ME too !!!

What a horrible feeling... lost at sea... ;(;(;(;(

I have an elderly little Papillon... and when I'm underway

I put the orange life jacket to him...

Too many times, I would glance around and say..."where's Alvin!"

only to find him in his crate.. :yes:

Sometimes old dogs get confused.. like dementia...

and ya never know when he is gonna decided to go off the back....

Thank God.. you have yours safe... :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

and in a heavy rain storm...to boot!!

sheesh!!!!!

Glad to hear your dog is OK. My lab like to try to attack the seagulls as they fly by. I have tp keep an eye on him when we are on plane because he would be dumb enough to jump off the boat after one.

Very, very glad things worked out for you & the dog! I netted a fawn that was starting to drown a few years back off Tee Pee point and subdued it like a calf. Released it on the west side cuz that was the way it was heading but we no more than pulled away & back into the lake it went. Need less to say we netted it again after it tired & released it on the east side. It was either tired of boat rides or wanted to be on the east side because it bounded up over the tracks and vanished. -Andy