One Day on L.O. and Special Thanks to Fishin' Magician &....

Dear L.O. Fisherman!..Had a great day catching SMB out of Pultneyville on a friends 26' Charter Boat.... Until 3:00 PM when the batteries went dead and very dead! (TWO BATTERIES)( Radar was left on accidently!!() Called 911 from a cell phone for local assistance. And suddenly...from the west horizon appears a charter boat...The Fishin' Magician ...Ryan Williamson on his way back from fishing the Jenny!! We waved him down with a large red shirt and he responded immediately with a tow offer back to Pultneyville. He towed us back about halfway to Pultneyville when the Wayne County Sheriffs boat arrived on the scene and offered us a battery pack jump. That did the trick and our rig stated. We proceeded back to the harbor safe & sound.

I would like to Thank Ryan Williamson for the tow and the Wayne County Marine Patrol men for the rapid response to our call. It sure was nice NOT having to wait long hours for assistance. And we made it home in time for dinner too!

Respectfully submitted,

......Ex Jet Boat Bill....Tuesday 7:45 PM

Sorry to see the bad news! EX-JETBOAT Bill ............. :(

You have offered dead on assitance and advise on this site over the years No Better person to Be helped in a tuff situation.......Imagine you on a broken boat and cant help.....hmm ...

Bet youll have a better lookabout before pushin off on someones boat.. :lol:

Dear Ray K,

Ray, I always look at everything & this incident of dead batteries was diagnosed immediately by "Doctor Bill"....when I found one battery empty of WATER.....DRY!!!!!!

The other battery had sufficient water over the plates, but only enough juice to get the engine to turn over a 1/2 turn. We waited 15 minutes and tryed again....but the "good battery" wouldn't provide enough amps to make a full revolution. ....In my life on the water.....I have been only towed 3 times...The first was in my own boat at Sodus ,1979, dead battery from running the electric riggers up from 100 ft. down. Never did that again. Then the second time, when I broke a trans. drive plate near Rochester and the Rochester CG towed me in after a 2 hour wait... I would have changed the drive plate & had all the special tools on board to do it....except no new drive plate on board! I have broken down 30 miles offshore and hung upside down in the bilge in 4 ft. waves to complete a fix and didn't puke either. ...The worst way to lose your reputation (as Mr. Goodwrench) is to get towed in!!!!.....Or worse as a local Webster charter Captain that had to get towed in by a........SAILBOAT!!

.................Sincerely,.......EX-Jet Boat Bill