sept. 30th IBay

Silver Fox

Missdemeaner Matt and I did about 4 hours of perch fishing on the bay yesterday morning and found that those perch that had come in the last few weeks must have scattered throughout the bay. We ended up keeping about 25 perch with the biggest being 13.75". We also caught Bass,Sunfish, Bluegill, silver bass and who knows what else. We moved around a bunch just to get what we had. All the fish were caught on top of the ledges, nothing below them.

100_MEDIA95_IMAG0167_1.jpg

Matt nice job... I will bring you out n the ice this winter for the perch. I went out Tue morning after work and got into them cought about 20 in 3 hours with just 2 keepers.

Say, you said you caught some white bass (silver bass) amongst, with, all those nice perch? I love those things!!! The first time I ever fished Irondiquoit Bay, we nailed bunches of them on small silvery in-line spinners near shore around by the south side of points. They fought like smallmouths and were positively voracious.

I have never eaten them, but I do like striped bass, their much bigger cousins... Would you mind telling some more about your getting these babies??

say

Went out of Massaug Cove yesterday and couldn't believe how bad the Bay was. It was the roughest I've seen in a long time. NE wind and waves that were about 3footers with whitecaps everywhere! I turned around and ended up fishing shallow to avoid disaster. There were some perch to be found but not any size. Lots of sunnies and a few bass mixed in. All in all, it was good ice fishing practice.

The warmup next week should make for some good fall perchin'.

Good luck and C all you lurkers out there!

dEv-O