Youth's First Buck!

flashpoint

Once you have kids you wait your whole life to to go on their first hunt with them. Well I had that pleasure to join my 9 year old son Logan on his first youth hunt here in Vermont this weekend....what a hunt it was! I am fortunate to have a little guy who eats...sleeps & breaths the outdoors just as I do, so needless to say he was pretty restless friday night. Saturday morning found us in the tree stans on a Beech ridge at 6:30 am. At about 7:15 a doe came motoring down the ridge, I told Logan she was running for only one reason! Two mintues later Mr. big cam walking down, grunting away! Logan kept his composure suprisingly well & at 35 yards he dropped him with his 20 gauge Mossberg slug gun! After some hugging & many phone calls we made our way down to the 9 point, 174 pound buck! An unbelievable hunt that has Logan & I both on cloud nine! A few pics of our hunt!

100_2492.jpg

phone_667.jpg

100_2504.jpg

Thanks for the Kudo's guys! Logan loves wearing my old Woolrich stuff, which I just happen to keep for him to hunt in some day! At the rate he's growing it will only fit for a couple of seasons! As far as the Orange goes, we have vest in our packs that we wear while walking in & out. Although this particular property we are fortunate enough to be the only ones having permision to hunt on it! Helping the land owner with wood cutting & fixing fence goes a long way.....plus having Logan get his written permission teaches good habits for years to come!

By the way, the Wool I am wearing is a new line of custom wool clothing I am a dealer for. Any one wanting info on the product check our our web site at http://www.silentpredator.ca , drop me a PM for more info & pricing!

pretty cool Logan and nice job keeping your dad from getting buck fever.... :lol:

Yer gonna learn a lot over the years,but that first buck story will be one you will share during great times in your life and at some difficult times ...May i suggest a journal,I can tell by the look in yer eye someday ,that journal is going to turn into a great story..

Ray K.

pretty cool Logan and nice job keeping your dad from getting buck fever.... :lol:

Yer gonna learn a lot over the years,but that first buck story will be one you will share during great times in your life and at some difficult times ...May i suggest a journal,I can tell by the look in yer eye someday ,that journal is going to turn into a great story..

Ray K.

So noted Ray! Thanks!! Wonderful Idea!