Oakies

Silver Fox

You don't want to fish with those SNOT ROCKETS .... the last time I used them all I caught was these :lol::lol::lol:005.jpg and the next they got worst0103.jpg. After I brought home a livewell full of these I had to stop there terrible.002.jpg

Doh! that looks lieka livewell full of tastyness! I recommend you go get some free ones in a local creek, I looked in a few creeks a couple weeks ago and had no problemo finding them in abundance.

Steve we need to get out sometime seeing how we live around the corner form each other.

Thanks for the pic. When you go to collect them are they in the stream beds or along the sides? I have heard of using some sort of a screen ... can you say more about that & how it's made (size of mesh ? 1/4" or window screen?)

Thanks again .....

Here is a few pics of oakies and how I store them. I put them in a small stream that flows all winter and keep throwing leaves in every few weeks, this process works very good for me but I know other guys store them differently. To find them I start looking around bow season and just find a small stream and pull the leaves that are IN the water and pull the leaves apart to find them, when you figure out where they are I dont even pull the leaves apart I just put them in a pail. As spring gets closer and if I dont have enough I will use a quater inch screen and flip the stones around and look for them in the screen, but if you have the time get them NOW before the stream freezes as it makes the process almost impossible and cold. Be prepared for sore legs and back but I always have fun getting them.

pics_276.jpg

pics_274.jpg

pics_273.jpg