Oil filter relocator kit

lakebound88

I went with a remote oil filter on my 350 c.i. Mercruiser I/O. I mounted the oil filter on the inner transom wall making it easy to get to.

I got it from Lighthouse partman marine out of Long Island.I gave them the length that I needed for the hoses and they made up high strength hoses,made for this purpose to my measurements.

Very easy to install.The new head replaces your old filter and is connected to the new remote head wherever you want it.I went with the remote head and the two hoses,not the kit that they show.I think it was about $100.00

**Just be very careful to connect the hoses to the proper inlet and outlet ports on the new remote head,or you can cause damage to the engine if you have the oil flow going backward through the filter**

Here's the link

http://marineengineparts.com/shopsite_s ... ge117.html

Thanks Guys. In my old sea ray I had, the engine was updated with a 350 EFI and it had the remote setup. Also, the filter was mounted upside down. NO MESS! I miss that setup. ON my trophy, every time Makes a mess. Takes longer cleaning it up than it does changing the oil!! A relocator kit will make it SO much easier.