Lead core set up?

Each color is 10 yds. Ten color is 100yds of line out behind the boat. :yes: Cortland kurplunk is named after the noise the dye machine makes as it dyes a color. ;)

are you saying it doesnt sink well? I hope not I just order 2 spools

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

No joke , my wife used to work there , Leon Chandler told us at a Chrismas party. The line does work great. The machine used to be on the second floor of the old plant. It shook the rafters as it came down to dye one color. It rotated and dyed the next color and so on. Truth is almost as strange as some of my jokes :lol:

Slow,

There is a variety of ways to run Lead Core but a typical set up is to use a real you feel comfotable with. I run 600' of braid backing, then a 10 color Lead Core, attach 50' of Flurocarbine leader. I run my lead most of the time down the shoot and I use flasher fly, flasher spoon or just a spoon and after the lead hit the water I run an extra 50 feet of backing. This will put the lead core about 400' behind the boat and about 45 - 50 down.

Another way is to run it off your boards. The reel does not have to have a counter obviously and the Rod, mine anyway, has a twilly tip to better protect the shield on the lead line.

Another trick some guys use and I use is to have a mix of sinkers from 1 oz. to 4 oz and add a clip or rubberband to the weight. Attach the weight on the line where the lead is tied to the leader. As you reel in the line and get to the weight just unclip it or pull and break the rubberband, this will get your lead down an additional 4 - 15'.

Good luck,

Shade