Looking at a Sea Ray Amberjack 290. Have a few questions

I have been looking at a 2002 Sea Ray Amberjack 290. I was wondering if anyone is running one of these on the lake for salmon fishing. I am curious how they have it set up with riggers etc.... Also, what their overall thought/experiences are.

Thanks

Al

The older Amberjacks were always, good, heavy hulls. Not familiar with more recent models. Twin inboard--good. If it's twin I/O with a huge "doghouse"(motor cover) then maybe it's not the best layout for a 29fter for our type of fishing.

Any time you rig a boat, you have to consider how often you will use it for what. If it will serve primarily as a pleasure cruiser, with some lake trolling, there are many options utilizing track systems for mounting rodholders and downriggers.

I have an older Thompson 210. I am looking to upgrade. My wife fishes with me 90% of the time so she is interseted in a boat with a nice cabin/galley/shower etc. So I am trying to find something the works for her and me(fishing). We want to buy something in the 28-30ft range no older than 10-12 years old. I have a ton of fishing equipment to outfit the new boat!!!!! I have more poles/reels than know what to do with !!!!!!!! Ithought the amberjack might be a good compromise for the two of us.

Thanks.

I took a look at one this past weekend. The wife likes the cabin /shower/head/bed etc. Seems like I would be able to set it up for fishing. Now its time to find one and pull the trigger!!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

• 2 weeks later...

Trigger pulled!!!

Put cash down on a 10 yr old Amberjack. Used only in fresh water. Twin 5.7l engines. Less than 190 hrs on it! Just need the survey to come back ok and we are good to go. The wife loves the cabin. It sleeps 6. Microwave, stove, refirg, head shower etc..... New canvas, interior is immaculate.

just need to add fish blood :rofl:

Al