Your favorite VHF chanel in the Fair Haven area

Last year I hooked up a radio in my camp so I can have communication between my sons and anyone else on the lake for that matter. I thought it would be a good idea in case someone got in trouble. Thanks to my buddy who was a communications expert in the British Military, we hooked up...or shall I say.."rigged" up a home made antennae and I know I can receive and transmit as far as "moon beach" and Oswego.

The unit doesnt have a scanner and I really didnt want one because I wanted to just isolate on the Fair Haven/Oswego/Sodus area.

So this brings me to the question as to what is your favorite VHF channel that you would normally communicate on when you are in the area of Fair Haven. I personally use 05 but occasionally 68...

Thanks,

Carm

246971_1394496280345_1770336031_679401_2184131_n.jpg

With the way the weather has been as of late there will be plenty - look forward to seeing you up there. :yes: The last weekend we got out we had 5 kings and many browns. This past weekend ended up as a blow for us. Here is a pic of the 2 girls with their first keepers of the season.

Phil

IMG_0715.jpg

Lizzy and Morgan (Morgan is holding our first king of the season)

16 that is what they monitor. In fact you are supposed to (by their rules) use 16 until you connect with someone then you would go to another channel to continue conversation. But most just go to their channel's because others are already on them. The USCG does have scanning and they do scan but 16 is primary for them.

6294_1027021613708_1770336031_63138_5000750_n.jpg