Seneca 5/03/2012 Shake down

Seneca 5/03/2012 Shake down

Today was the day I got out on Seneca for the first time with Stan’s dog King. At the launch some time before noon 30 things went OK was not sure how King was going to act. He was first RATE from launch time , time on the water and again when we came in……….just like he been doing it for years….LOL……………most things went OK found a few things that need to be taken care of and ONE I still have not figured out……….when starting main motor , it sounds like the battery is almost dead , then it turns over fine. I cleaned up all the connections on the side of the motor , will have to go over the ones on the battery again and check the main ground wire……………..anyway didn’t do well with the fish but lucked out with a 18.5†pushing 4# brown and missed one……………………stayed close with how thick the fog was and first time out………..my wiring job on both of the riggers I put short stops on over the winter didn’t work right hope it’s just bad switches have new ones coming from fish307 …………switched the 788ci out to use as GPS and went with the 798 HD si……got both of them working good by the end of my outing……………..still have to look into why the Narvonic map is so far off…… got back in clean up fish came inside wash it up a tad more open cupboard up looking for BROWN sugar to coat trout ………NONE I left it home……..D.S. oh well I guess I’ll coat with breading and deep fry…………………….

Shakedown2012001.jpg

Shakedown2012003.jpg

It's great to see Kinger Boy and you out enjoying the water. I'm sure he was lovin it. As I was routing through one of my camping totes on the Striper fish trip this weekend, I found a dollar. It was a dollar Stanley threw in there for a block of ice or to make your guys final gut run last year on our big FairHaven trip. I remember telling him it was unnecessary but you know him, he insisted. Chocked me up really bad. I, as well as others look forward to your reports. WTG on the Brown Cous. If the simple things don't fix your starter problem, Steve says pull the starter, diassemble it and clean the brush block, brush holders, and comentator. He has had this problem on 2 Mercs. It's a design fault. The brushes are in the bottem pointing up and thier own carbon wear falls right down in the brush block/spring holders and causes tracking from the pos to the negs which is a large amperage draw. Clean them up with alcohol, or spray contact cleaner and a brush, reassemble and they will whirl like a crazy. The brushes are a bit tricky to hold back during reassembly but Steve has a method with 2 small pcs of sheetmetal to hold them back. This will give you a chance to inspect your brushes for wear and replace and also clean and lube the bendix. From what I hear OB starters are a bit pricey

Way to go! I'm hoping to try that brown sugar coat soon.

Just what to do on a RAINY day ?????

Surf and Turf on the grill.........brown sugar/browntrout......

surfandturf001.jpg

Hmmmmmm!!!!!!

surfandturf002.jpg

surfandturf003.jpg

don't worry about that rattler he don't eat much !!!!!! :lol::P

It's great to see Kinger Boy and you out enjoying the water. I'm sure he was lovin it. As I was routing through one of my camping totes on the Striper fish trip this weekend, I found a dollar. It was a dollar Stanley threw in there for a block of ice or to make your guys final gut run last year on our big FairHaven trip. I remember telling him it was unnecessary but you know him, he insisted. Chocked me up really bad. I, as well as others look forward to your reports. WTG on the Brown Cous. If the simple things don't fix your starter problem, Steve says pull the starter, diassemble it and clean the brush block, brush holders, and comentator. He has had this problem on 2 Mercs. It's a design fault. The brushes are in the bottem pointing up and thier own carbon wear falls right down in the brush block/spring holders and causes tracking from the pos to the negs which is a large amperage draw. Clean them up with alcohol, or spray contact cleaner and a brush, reassemble and they will whirl like a crazy. The brushes are a bit tricky to hold back during reassembly but Steve has a method with 2 small pcs of sheetmetal to hold them back. This will give you a chance to inspect your brushes for wear and replace and also clean and lube the bendix. From what I hear OB starters are a bit pricey

Thanks Bucky , I'll just have to try and use a air hose first that might get the dust out.............

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...