How long will it last?????

Bob, do you think we could start a forum section for needy fishermen like me who could beg for enough money to buy a big Lake O boat, get enough cash for say..... camping, lodging, restraunts, groceries, snacks (CHEETOS), dockage, beer, fishing tackle, gas for the 8 mpg in the pickup, gas and oil for the big two stroke for 3 days of trolling, gas for the kicker motor, money to fish one of the derbys, enough to buy fishing licenses in state and out of state, registrations for trailers and boats along with insurance, and for self employed people who are overtaxed to get vacation pay? .....oh....did I mention beer money? :o ....then everybody could come join the MAYHEM....

Mark

I don't believe I just read this entire thread. :o Anyways thanks for the chuckle on this blow-off day.

I just can't believe that anyone could seriously apply the typical stream fishing mentality to the Big-O. It's quite obvious that many have no idea what patterns the lake goes thru every year & what's going on with the fishery & baitfish situation.

T&S fishing on Big-O has dramatically improved since 2003 and it would have to drop by nearly 30-40% to get back to those lower levels.

As for trips on Big-O, Oswego County has as many resident T&S boat fishermen as both both Niagara & Orleans counties put together. Year after year, since 1985, the East Central & East end have accounted for twice as many T&S lake outings than the rest of the lake.

Will it last? Yes, we have some tremendous fisheries people putting a lot of dedicated effort into maintaining it. (although 2014 may have some issues)

Heck, we've been out a few times without a fish-finder and we're still catching fish!

Tom B.

(LongLine)