Seneca 05/11/2012

Seneca 05/11/2012

Little nippy this am so I had a few extra coffee's then got the boat uncovered and ready to head out. Kinger boy was very good again launching , on the water and coming back in........he did give me that EYE when the wind and waves started building........I think it was about 10:30 am when I started letting the down riggers down so I could wire in the ground needed to make the short stop system work on my non-short stop riggers now wired for short stop.... :lol: .....anyway that went well it was just a small ripple on the water when I had 300 feet of cable down............got 3 rods ready with DW ss spoons dropped them down on three down riggers and started south.........surface temp was 45.5* to 46.4* never put the the X4 in or down had three reading all close.........first fish came on a moon cricket 35' back 4' back rigger angled in the prop wash 19" brown (female) with a small lampery which lost it head some how :clap: .............2nd 17' down 40' back not sure of the name of this spoon small landlock sub legal........... next one same rigger good fish but lost him before I got a eyeball on it head shaker and wanted to stay down best guess laker...............then one realese on the thrid rigger with no one home........waves were pretty good by then so I called it a day.........Kinger said about time...... ;) ........when loading boat back on trailer wacked the side of those nice fancy Cannon rod holder on a peir post snapping the pin in the low-profile rigger.......good thing these pins are thinner that the old high profile ones or MUCH more damage would have been done...........looking at a better way to protect the riggers and bases.........

Good Luck when you do..............there is a LOT of JUNK floating around also forgot to put that in my post.......weeds , leaves , sticks , branches , ( lots of small one but did hook up one good size on on the down rigger wire and one on a transducer or the X4 ducer didn't take me long to slow her down get the hook a move them out of the way..... 8) )

I've got a german shorthair that I have been wanting to get on the boat. I get limited trips on the water and just worried if things go bad I drive a couple hrs. for nothing. He loves fish and sets and begs for a taste. I even got a pfd for him. The thing that worries me is that he would freak out when we crank the big motor up. And he is a big dog over 90lbs getting in and out of the boat might be scary. Wes

036.jpg