Seneca lake 5/13/12

Ran my shake down today (5/13/12) @ south end of Seneca - headed east towards falls - mistake - I marked and caught zip. Crossed over to the west side north of the salt mine - marked 1 school of bait - no fish - ran spoons, sticks, lead core,flat line,copper, down riggers,dipsys and flies and zip - oh wait minute we did catch a 2" diameter x 5 foot tree branch with out breaking the line! Shake down went OK but no releases- no fish - never got further north than 5 miles from the river. I'm baffled - should have had 8 - 10 fish in 5 hours.

Seneca charters

Capt Paul

Well dont feel bad a lot of rookies have a hard time on seneca,,,,,tons of bait right now in the south end ya had a lot of food swimmin there for a couple weeks now.. The bite probly will be short and ya gotta be their at the right hour literally..smaller might be the key (lure size) ...also east to west troll some times outproduces the shoreline this time of year... Pay attention to details the south end been gettin spanked regulary for 2 months and lots of educated fish are swimmin there......ya might wanna run up to sawmill area and have a look about ya might be in for a little surprise this time of year....I havent played on seneca for a few years so im running on memory or empty.

Paul, ya just gotta start switching some things up. We'll meet up soon. 5 hours should produce over 20 fish when the fishing is decent. I know you can do it. You're in the right waters

There was a real good bite on the south end of Seneca on Saturday. Small spoons were the best ticket. Lead core and riggers set fairly shallow. Color didn't seem to matter. There is still a lot of fish in front of the channel. Troutman 87

Hang in there Paul!! Fishing has been pretty good out there for us... Speed is key... Been running small and regular size stinger spoons and have been getting some quality fish... East side has been slow been doing alot better on the west right in the south end... Stick with it you'll figure it out....

Mike

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Monday for us was slow. I did see a few large logs floating down the east side, out deep. Be alert out there, two of them are big enough to sink a boat, and the float just below the surface, Very hard to see...

Ed

No never was out of Lodi - always out of Glen harbor marina at St cathy's - ran a few years on canadaiquia but mostly out on the big O. Been running on Seneca for 4 years now. I do miss the kings, thought. Was running a bunch of NK 28's and suttons with good luck this time last year - not Sunday, thought - could be speed, but I always check the lure's action before trusting electrics. If you need to contact me call my cell = 585-703-2420. Nick, I think I'll run further north saturday - I agree about the opening at the end - have pull some nice fish at the drop off and alway mark them there - some late running rainbows have been popped there last week end. Seems too early for a south end shut down, so it has to be me - I ran 4 mono down riggers from 25' to 50' = zip - ran 4 coppers 300' = zip - ran 4 dipys on steel 200 feet = zip did not run planer boards - may I should have !!! Thanks for all the feed back , guys, and hope to see ya on the lake and hear you all on the radio.

capt Paul

pulled copper tonight for about an hour, lake was FLAT...landed two over 9lbs. returned to lake and kept one that was 31 inches but a lil to skinny to win the big bux in the derby....He went in the garden after disection....he had about 3 dozen shinners and other minnows in his stomach and was spitting them out upon netting!......all bites were at the bottom 35-55 FOW :beer:

trying to tell fellow fisherman what their eating, and where im catching them/well what depths persay.....what button might that be Sir? 8) I dont think i have one of those on my keyboard. should i start a new thread every other day for seneca or jump on one many others have allready commentsed on regarding their days on the water??????? I must be missing sumthing 8)

IT MAY HAVE BEEN THE PART OF THE FISH GOING IN THE GARDEN .MOST CATCH AND RELEASE OR KEEP TO EAT BUT USING A GAME FISH FOR THE GARDEN IS WHAT U MISSED.

10-4