A Funny Thing Happened on My Way Out Yesterday

After trolling inshore off the Nuke Plant yesterday and getting only 1 brown, I decided to go out deep. At the 160" mark I looked out and saw probably the biggest duck diving the Lake I ever saw, and mentioned to my buddy to check this out, look at the size of that duck's a** !! I thought for sure it was going to take off but after getting near it, it turned out to be a Button Buck swimming for Canada. I wasn't about to let this thing drown so we got it turned around and were behind it about 75 ft so not to spook it, just enough to let him know we were there and going to the side every time he wanted to turn, keeping him straight. It was like a roundup! YEEE DOGGIE!! After about an hour and a half we finally got it to the plant bouy line. Fortunately it was a slow day, and there were no boats in the area, I can't imagine what some Captain would have to say to his clients seeing this go on. Maybe something like " Here on Lake Ontario we have a wonderful fishery, and oh yes the hunting's good too the farther out you go" The guard at the gate was notified of what we were up to by a friend that lived nearby and had called the plant's animal control, and we got permission to go past the bouy's but only by 25 yards, so we turned back out to watch and make sure he made it. It seemed to speed up as he got closer to shore and we watched 5 big splashes when the feet hit solid ground and a tail go up as he went for the trees to the right of the stack. Then we headed back out to all the marks we plotted pushing him in, you'd be surprised what you find when the rods are out of the water, but no luck was to be had there. All together a good day, 1 brown in the boat, 1 deer herded to shore. A happy deer, and a happier me.

Good rodeo cowboy, the wild, wild northeast is a little different but you're still entitled to a cold one at the saloon for your efforts. :yes: Hope the fishing improves as well as your eye-sight :lol: was the deer flying when you first saw it or had it already landed? Were you fishing or pushing the lake? :lol: Sorry for the dumb comments, couldn't help it.

The other day I netted a big bunch of balloons and had a 20 lb king hit literally 30 seconds later. Karma can be your friend- you will be rewarded for your efforts !

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I've seen deer in the water but never that deep. Someone once suggested that they may get chased into the water...dogs...coyotes...etc. Good for you in getting him back. :yes:

Tom B.

(LongLine)

• 2 weeks later...